Fusion socks leaking - multiple reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have and they are working on the issue. Interested in comparing what we learn.

Demand they call AquaLung if you haven’t already. That’s what got my quick resolution today.

Someone else I know called his dive shop today and demanded they call AL. He made it clear to them he was going to start a sh*t show online if they didn’t call.

His AirCore is being replaced under warranty. 2-6 week lead time.

like I said before, I'm on my 3rd aircore. If I didn't have so much invested I would just buy another suit. I cant explain how unhappy I am with aqualung. I went all summer trying to find the leak on a suit with a known issue (I didn't know), When they replaced my first one and then found out about the batch of "bad" ones a recall notice or something should have been sent out.....I just want to be dry again hahaha

like I said before, I'm on my 3rd aircore. If I didn't have so much invested I would just buy another suit. I cant explain how unhappy I am with aqualung. I went all summer trying to find the leak on a suit with a known issue (I didn't know), When they replaced my first one and then found out about the batch of "bad" ones a recall notice or something should have been sent out.....I just want to be dry again hahaha

I guess I'm lucky that I got the DRIS warranty with my drysuit (I think it was thrown in). They can fix anything.

I would contemplate asking for an older style core. Maybe a waterproof breathable fabric is a bridge too far.

I would contemplate asking for an older style core. Maybe a waterproof breathable fabric is a bridge too far.

From what Mike at DRIS told me, seams are the primary issue with the MX made ones.

The DryCore does not work with the newer style skins that zip on. Plus, the DryCore is so crappy to get into compared with the AirCore. I've had an AirCore as a loaner (for a month when I was waiting for my suit to arrive when I first bought it last year) and for last weekend. AirCore is so much slicker and easier to get into.

Well that is unfortunate. I have a feeling this suit is a lemon like some of the Santi's were.

Well that is unfortunate. I have a feeling this suit is a lemon like some of the Santi's were.

The AirCore has been out since 2016. This particular batch was made in Mexico. VERY bad move on AL's part. I wonder how many suits they've had to replace. Production is now back in Canada, where it should never have left.

Back
Top Bottom