Cheaper dive watch for tech diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fuzzybabybunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking to upgrade my computer. I just learned that my used Oceanic computer's HP hose sprung a leak and it's a proprietary HP hose and of course uses a proprietary cable for transferring dive logs. I never liked it much anyway due to its bulk.

I just called my LDS and a new hose is $190 AUD. Just for a rubber hose. This sh*t's going in the bin.

I'd like to eventually move to sidemount doubles and learn tech and possibly even CCR.

Are there any wrist computers that:

- allow mid-dive gas switching
- maybe CCR
- allow wireless transfer of dive logs via Bluetooth
- user-servicable battery
- cheaper? I'll try to find them secondhand.

A non-AI Perdix or well-treated Petrel 2 would serve you well. There are a decent number of people upgrading to AI models.

Watch style? I noticed your here in Cali, it's magnitudes easier to read large color display in crappy water. Monocrome dive watches can be hard to see and hard to press small buttons with cold water gloves on.

Used Petrel would be my first choice, but there are other choices I'm not versed in.

I'm selling a Predator that fits all your requirements. You'd have to unlock CCR though. A computer with external monitoring is gonna be expensive. Used EXT models usually go for almost new non-EXT model prices.

Here: For Sale - Shearwater Predator SA

I'm looking to upgrade my computer. I just learned that my used Oceanic computer's HP hose sprung a leak and it's a proprietary HP hose and of course uses a proprietary cable for transferring dive logs. I never liked it much anyway due to its bulk.

I just called my LDS and a new hose is $190 AUD. Just for a rubber hose. This sh*t's going in the bin.

I'd like to eventually move to sidemount doubles and learn tech and possibly even CCR.

Are there any wrist computers that:

- allow mid-dive gas switching
- maybe CCR
- allow wireless transfer of dive logs via Bluetooth
- user-servicable battery
- cheaper? I'll try to find them secondhand.

FBB...

To use the term ''cheap'' in the same sentence as the term ''technical diving'' is an oxy-moron...there is no cheap...only the best component...for the intended application...that being said...there are price differences...but less expensive...usually means a sacrifice somewhere...and once you progress...that initial ''sacrifice'' for cost saving purposes will ultimately mean an up-grade or complete replacement...buy right...buy once...

If you think a $190 AUD rubber hose is expensive...you're heading in the wrong direction...your intentions indicate you're off on a quest...that could easily end up with $25,000 in gear...and that doesn't even begin to touch on training costs...

W...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom