Salvo Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason B

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We'll, I guess Halcyon got what they wanted. I just went to Barry's website, www.salvodiving.com , and he is no longer advertising his HID canister lights. Up till a few days ago they were on sale at great prices. Now he only shows them sold as parts, no complete assembled lights any longer. Hmmmm.

Jason

Yeah, but he'll be selling the 21W lights by Saturday. Guess, no one has rights to them yet. I also saw that diveriteexpress.com has limited their light selection and that they are pushing 21W lights, too.

This is getting ridiculous...who would have ever thought there would be this much fuss over flashlights

Interesting. That isn't how I read it at all. The way I see it (and this is with VERY limited information, mind you, just what I've read on the boards) is there are two companies that are having a disagreement. There is the possibility that there is some type of legal action. Until that legal action is resolved the smaller of the parties is having "manufacturing" issues.

No biggie. Not the end of the world. I guarantee you nobody is going to die over this. See how the cards fall.

Mark

mweitz:
Interesting. That isn't how I read it at all. The way I see it (and this is with VERY limited information, mind you, just what I've read on the boards) is there are two companies that are having a disagreement. There is the possibility that there is some type of legal action. Until that legal action is resolved the smaller of the parties is having "manufacturing" issues.

No biggie. Not the end of the world. I guarantee you nobody is going to die over this. See how the cards fall.

Mark

u wanna explain? I've had a Halcyon light on order for a few weeks now... from what I'm hearing it's not just me... I'm pretty frustrated that I have ZERO info.

There was a post by Howard Sandroff on TDS indicating that Welch-Allyn is retooling to improve production and is therefore not currently delivering HID components.

http://thedecostop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9524

The reason Barry is not offering complete lights at this moment might simply be that he does not have the components in stock.

hantzu701:
Well, Salvo's site is down as of 10pm West Coast time...

It's back up now - must have just been a server hiccup.

Jackie

He's still open for bussiness. I ordered a finger spool from him tuesday, ups says it will be here tomorrow.

Jason

I was just traveling up I 75 near Ocala and heard on the radio 97.3 that a Barry Miller the former production manager at Halcyon was arrested on suspicion of stealing over $100,000.00 worth of raw materials and finished product from Halcyon Manufacturing. FYI

Back
Top Bottom