Dive shop software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello all,

I'm looking for opinions on dive shop software. Our business currently uses Eve, but we find that while the developers have a flexible and capable program, they could learn quite a few lessons on designing a good GUI, especially for those dive industry professionals who aren't quite adept at computer operation. As a result we are looking to get off Eve to something else.

I realize we'll never find a perfect solution, but some features we'd like to have:
  • Web based. Half the staff uses PC's and the other half uses Mac's. With Eve, half our staff can't access the program to see their schedule. We are open to non-web based programs, but it needs to be Mac accessible. Using a Windows emulator, like Fusion is not desirable.
  • Quickbooks intergration. We'd love the ability of this to push income data directly to QB without tedious manual data entry.
  • Easy user-interface. We need employees to be able to use this easily, and not fumble through it.
  • Multi-store support. We run multiple POS locations.
  • A software that manages boat charters, classes, rental equipment. These are our primary revenue streams. Retails sales, inventory management, service, would be great as well.
  • Good day-view calendar. Lots of softwares I see, have a horrible calendar view. It's nice to see all employees assignments at a glance on a single page day view.
  • Multi-currency support. We are in the Cayman Islands, and deal with KYD and USD. This is actually not essential, but a nice feature.
I could go on, but these are the core elements we'd like to have.

I've given cursory looks at Visible Divers, DiveCentreHQ, Diveshop 360.

Anyone have any experience they'd like to share, publicly or privately?

Thanks in advance, Tony

Edit, looks like DiveCenterHQ is now defunct with no support.

We use Eve. I agree with you regarding the crappy UI. It is a kludge and tries to do too much. The service module is awful and we’ve stayed with a paper and excel system then directly input invouces into Eve. Also hate the data import process that we have to do every year.

Finally, it seems that all ISSYS is focused on is that horrible integration into Mailchimp. We use it to generate auto-responses after customer sign-up and it’s hit or miss at best.

I’ve been to most of their presentations at DEMA and that’s all they talk about. If you find anything better, let me know.

I've looked for the answer to this question, a lot... For years.

We ended up having to use a proper POS/eCommerce system (e.g. Lightspeed Retail Software - or any other ones) for the retail operations (in-store and online); and a different system for class & trip rosters.

The money & time we spent on EVE (Issys / PADI) was a huge waste of time & money. PADI is not known for the quality of their IT products, services & operations.

I've looked for the answer to this question, a lot... For years.

We ended up having to use a proper POS/eCommerce system (e.g. Lightspeed Retail Software - or any other ones) for the retail operations (in-store and online); and a different system for class & trip rosters.

The money & time we spent on EVE (Issys / PADI) was a huge waste of time & money. PADI is not known for the quality of their IT products, services & operations.

Darcy would like to show you our integration of EnComPOS and Scubaocity. These two systems talk to each other and cover in store and online for dive centers using our system.

Please contact us at info@scubaocity.com for a demo of our products.

Good Diving
Capt Gary

If you are still interested, i would like to propose you to take a look at http://www.geekdivers.com or find our tutorials on youtube to get a quick idea how our software works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVd35A5IHaU&list=PLaR0-3pnjztrF2lML7CU6Krp-PtZIlPFu

If you want to try it, you can drop us a message at info@geekdivers.com. It comes the first month totally free and you can quit it any time.
The monthly fee depends on your dive center and how much you charge for 2 dives (no extra costs).

Let's say i come to you and want to dive twice (bringing all my equip etc.) - That would be your monthly fee (in case you operate more than one dive center, it gets cheaper for every additional dive center).

What can Geek Divers do for you?
- Registration form for your customer (no more paper, let them fill out the form before they come to you) - The customer is automatically in Geek Divers | The experience that matters
- Customer Management (including standard data, insurance information, certificates, equipment rental, bill overview and much more)
- Staff Management (Commissions, Salaries, Certs and much more)
- Equipment Management
- Partner (Agents) Management
- Trip Planing / Expenses / Reporting / User Management and more....
- Bills are automatically calculated
- Staff commission / salary is automatically calculated
- Cashflow .....
- Mobile friendly
- Works on Windows / Mac / Linux / IOS / Android

Get you free trial now ( info@geekdivers.com )!

Kind Regards

Dive Scheduler is in the process of building Dive Shop software that will include Point of Sale and Courses Management tools. Divers will be able to buy courses online and schedule their course online.

We already have Dive Boat / Trip online booking, and Dive Resort booking tool. Shops are next. Shops that sign up in advance will be able to give input to make the tool be exactly what you want.

Dive Scheduling Software

For what it's worth, I have been using Quickbooks POS for many years. I started using it for other retail businesses and then kept using it in our dive shop. It has some limitations and is not specifically geared towards the dive industry but it is a solid platform. That said, I came across this thread because I am also looking to find something tailored to a dive shop. I am looking at Dive Shop 360 now.

Can anyone recommend a scuba tank fill card management program that will keep track of customer tank fills?

Yes we use Encompos it has a tank and trip card management system built in.

I am very interested in this thread too. We too have used EVE forever, but their tech support is almost nonexistent. We don't need it often, but when we do need it, we need it to be timely, which it most certainly is not. After years of using it, it will be a big mental hurdle to change systems because no one seems to be able to migrate customer purchase and service histories over to new systems. Rain Retail was interesting. We are a PADI shop and love that EVE integrates quickly and easily with PADI stuff, but...we are ready to move on, hopefully to a product with support so that we can get answers to questions and solutions to problems in a timely fashion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom