Santa Cruz Dive Boat Fire Incident Condolences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds truly horrific.

Condolences to the families, friends and all those that knew any of the victims of this tragedy.

I've had sudden losses and those from terminal disease but I can't imagine what losing someone to an incident like this would be like. If I could take even a little of that burden from the survivors I would. :(

My heart goes out to the families grieving over their loved ones on the Conception. May God comfort them in the way only He can.

I'm anxiously awaiting a list of victims. I have many dive acquaintances and friends from my diving times. I hope to hear they are okay. Prayers for everyone affected.

This is such a tragedy. I was on the exact same trip 4 years ago and even considered going this year. The folks at Worldwide Diving welcomed my friends and I like family and they will be dearly missed. My heart goes out to them and the divers who passed doing what they loved. Regardless of the accident cause, I can't image what the crew and Truth Aquatics family are going through as well. They are an impeccable outfit and I would dive with them any time.

My thought and prayers go out to the victims families.

And I, my heart is breaking.
May all of the friends, families, first responders, and all of us related by second intention find comfort, consolation, and eventually information and answers as the investigation goes forward.

Never take for granted the wonder when you wake in the morning, or when you drop into the sea.

This is such a tragedy. I was on the exact same trip 4 years ago and even considered going this year. The folks at Worldwide Diving welcomed my friends and I like family and they will be dearly missed. My heart goes out to them and the divers who passed doing what they loved. Regardless of the accident cause, I can't image what the crew and Truth Aquatics family are going through as well. They are an impeccable outfit and I would dive with them any time.

My thought and prayers go out to the victims families.

And I, my heart is breaking.
May all of the friends, families, first responders, and all of us related by second intention find comfort, consolation, and eventually information and answers as the investigation goes forward.

Never take for granted the wonder when you wake in the morning, or when you drop into the sea.

Apparently actor Rob Lowe is a diver and alumnus of the Conception, he posted this message online:

Rob Lowe
‏ @RobLowe

My heart breaks for those onboard the Conception. An unspeakable horror on a boat I’ve been on many times. My prayers and thoughts are with the families.

I hope it was painless and fast and their families are able to find peace. Such a tragedy.

Does anyone know if a gofundme or similar has been established for the families? I was thinking of starting one but I’m just some random Southern California diver with no real ties to the families/operator/organizer so it feels a bit odd. I don’t want to overstep random internet sympathizer line and become creepy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom