Urgent! I need to return my rentals and dive shop is CLOSED!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nicole2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I’m currently in San Pedro and will be flying out from Long Beach today around 4pm. I rented a tank and a 7mm wetsuit from a dive shop I did boat diving with on Saturday and kept the rentals for yesterday’s diving with another company. My original plan was to return them yesterday but we got back around 6pm and the shop was already closed. Google indicated that they’ll be open today, Labor’s day, so I was going to stop by them to return rentals. I’ve been calling them for 30min now and no one’s picking up the phone!! They have swim center as well no one there as well..

What should I do?? I’m freaking out!

Hello,

I’m currently in San Pedro and will be flying out from Long Beach today around 4pm. I rented a tank and a 7mm wetsuit from a dive shop I did boat diving with on Saturday and kept the rentals for yesterday’s diving with another company. My original plan was to return them yesterday but we got back around 6pm and the shop was already closed. Google indicated that they’ll be open today, Labor’s day, so I was going to stop by them to return rentals. I’ve been calling them for 30min now and no one’s picking up the phone!! They have swim center as well no one there as well..

What should I do?? I’m freaking out!

What's the name of the dive shop? Perhaps if you post it someone here will know the owners.

I won't speculate on proper compensation for time, but the IRS mileage reimbursement rate is about $0.55/mi, which should decently cover their gas and wear/tear.

And enough to get them lunch at a drive thru too.

Back
Top Bottom