Fire on dive boat Conception in CA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuel leak? What could cause this? How could this have been prevented? What can be learned?

Dunno
Dunno
Dunno

Sit quietly, wait patiently, listen carefully.

I think the group that was on the boat. Not a 100% positive is Adventure Sports Unlimited. 5 day trip from Santa Cruz. As a dive community we can assist the families with some needs down the road. Possibly?

if the stairs lead up to the galley, where does the emergency exit/emergency port lead to? the divedeck/engine room or the bridge?

i hope someone managed to make it to shore, although it clearly doesn't look good...those poor people.
No emergency exit. Only way topside is narrow steep stairway that exits next to galley

Tragic

This is just horrible. I never dove with them, but I have read about them here on SB.

No emergency exit. Only way topside is narrow steep stairway that exits next to galley

Tragic

On the dive boats that I've been on in So Cal that have below deck bunks/living areas, there is an emergency hatch that I *thought* was a mandatory feature on these types of boats. These hatches are always discussed during the mandatory safety briefing. Are you saying that this boat did not have one of these?

No emergency exit. Only way topside is narrow steep stairway that exits next to galley.

That’s how it appeared to me from the deck plan on their website. However, it occurred to me an emergency exit hatch just may not be shown. Can you confirm there is no emergency exit hatch?

Tragic

I've been on a few lobs that only have one staircase but they all had an escape hatch too. That said, I can't imagine trying to get out that way under these conditions with that many people, assuming any of them had the opportunity to try for either the stairs or the hatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom