Pony slinging feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

View attachment 538109 you may also be interested in slinging it like a sidemount bottle. put a loop of bungee under your armpit on the backplate that can be looped over the valve to pull it up tight. lower attachment just goes high on a waist d ring. with valve knob pointing out. this allows for amazing streamliming. picture is with al40, but a 19would be similar principles
It's a bit hard to see from your photo but I'll look up more examples! The AL19 is narrower and shorter still from the AL40 so let's see if it works out well for it.

Does that position impede reading the backgas spg? (although i also have AI so not a big problem)

It's a bit hard to see from your photo but I'll look up more examples! The AL19 is narrower and shorter still from the AL40 so let's see if it works out well for it.

Does that position impede reading the backgas spg? (although i also have AI so not a big problem)

yes there are a few good examples online. i use my 19 this way with no problems while in backmount. button guages can be read by pulling the top of the tank away from you against the bungee to see, or with an spg on a short (i use 6 inch) hose that runs down the tank but can be swung out to look at. either way if its just used for emergency air, you dont need to monitor it much. just check that its full before diving and if your using it you should be going up right away regardless of how much is left.

I am a huge fan of sidemounting bottles if I am keeping them. If I am dropping bottles then I will sling them DIR. The only issue you need to keep an eye on is that you do not trap your longhose if you roll that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom