Best rooms at Casa Mexicana?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After many many years of staying at the Casa Mexicana I don’t think any of their sliding glass doors lock securely.

After many many years of staying at the Casa Mexicana I don’t think any of their sliding glass doors lock securely.

Room 502 resisted the same tug I gave in 507. It would be a big plus if they would provide a bar that would really stop the door from being opened.

Room 502 resisted the same tug I gave in 507. It would be a big plus if they would provide a bar that would really stop the door from being opened.
Pack a length of pvc. Should weigh next to nothing and if you are concerned it should serve as a good backup even if the lock does work.

Pack a length of pvc. Should weigh next to nothing and if you are concerned it should serve as a good backup even if the lock does work.

Great idea! But I forgot to pack a tape measure to know how long to cut my PVC piece.

It can only be so long or won’t fit in your luggage. Chances are it wouldn’t be the entire length of the door but might be enough to get them to try somewhere else. But honestly, i think the risk is pretty low.

I may not be using 3P on this trip. I feel it's a little unethical to ask them for a service when I won't be using them for diving
During my last visit to Coz, we stayed at CM on the top floor, facing the water. It was a great room, it I didn't like facing the cruise ships and their blaring music to welcome cruisers back to the boat. The music was coming through our sliding glass doors, as well as our entrance door as the sound bounced off of the buildings behind the hotel. I also didn't like the adjoining door to the room next to us. Not much was left to the imagination.

We looked at a couple of south facing rooms. These seem a lot more appealing. Can you tell me what room numbers are south facing and do not have an adjoining room? PM me if you don't want to advertise these two rooms?

hola Snoweman , I will like to help, please send me an email at memo@aldora.com

I have just started working with CM, bahia and colonial, I will like to hear what is best for divers from divers that have stayed there.

please feel free to email me and we are just around the corner from Casa Mexicana, we can assist you.

Memo Mendoza

Great idea! But I forgot to pack a tape measure to know how long to cut my PVC piece.

If the lock is problematic next time you are there, perhaps buying a cheap wooden broom at Chedraui and cutting the handle to length would work.

If the lock is problematic next time you are there, perhaps buying a cheap wooden broom at Chedraui and cutting the handle to length would work.

Or measure the length then walk to a ferreteria and ask them for a piece of pvc or wood of that length. Leave it behind and suggest CM do it for all of their rooms.

Since Memo and Jeannie work with CM often, maybe one of them could make this suggestion?

Good idea. No need to bring saws down with you. Although I think my multi tool has a saw blade come to think of it.

I think the problem stems from idiot guests who slam the sliding door shut with the latch in the locked position. Then it gets bent and if management straightens it it just gets bent again by the next idiot until it eventually will shear off after being bent back and forth a few times. I personally don't worry about it as Coz isn't known for cat burglars. If you are worried about theft I hope all realize all hotel room safes are about as secure as leaving your valuables out in a brown paper bag. Basically, don't travel with something you can't afford to have stolen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom