Terror Wreck exploration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dont know if I agree with those statements. Their remoteness and climate will discourage about 99.7% of divers. And the ones who make it up there are unlikely to take anything as they themselves feel privileged to be able to dive those sites.

Maybe, but treasure hunters will always find a way to loot an archaeological site.

Years ago (some time before the ships were found in 2014-15) I read the fantastic novel "The Terror" which is based on the people and circumstances around these lost ships. Fantastic book from Dan Simmons that is worth a read. It starts out as very accurate and well researched historical fiction but things go off the rails and it ends up in the horror genre. They made a TV mini-series based on the book a year or so ago that was very well reviewed. Seems like a great opportunity to jump into either of these over the holiday weekend.

Wow! This is a big deal! Two days ago I finished reading a Clive Cussler novel Arctic Drift the plot of the story centered around these two ships and the tragic expedition. Now I come across this.!

Dirk Pitt saved the world....again.

Divers must have a permit to dive on the Terror. Further, it requires perfect conditions. Meeting those together could be difficult. Making the dive without a permit will get the divers arrested and charged a $500,000 fine.

Trying to do this dive without perfect conditions has a death factor that should be a deterrent.

Back
Top Bottom