Greetings from Toronto Canada.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Toronto you say? I met this Shark in Toronto just yesterday! At the Ripley’s Aquarium!
Excellent place to get accustomed to seeing sharks up close and the only thing that can bite you is the toddler who’s trying to get your attention, (on the butt, as that’s as high as the little land sharks can reach).
1756F557-4C39-4B4E-A952-37326B7C9E05.jpeg

@Marie13

Great Lakes: Unsalted and Shark Free!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You haven't lived
I love the taste of salt water any time
and the thrill of a shark encounter on every dive !

Welcome !
Married and still married to my NLD (nice lady diver) from Toronto
( I was so ugly I had to import a red headed Canadian )

SDM

@Marie13
"It’s all the salt water. Does not nice things to you! .D"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When anyone has been married to a RED head and a Canadian as Long as I have
Ya gotta be NICE !

Red heads, especially Canadian red heads are special; A combination of Sam Mc Gee & Dan Mc Grew.
As cold as Sam Mc Gee and as dangerous as Dangerous Dan Mc Grew

Enjoy you week end dives

Cheers from CenCal

SAM

@Sam Miller III

Sin of omission! I meant to say salt water doesn’t do nice things to you!

The wife wouldn’t happen to be a nurse and horse crazy, in addition to being a red head, would she? Per another forum I’m on, that’s the cray cray trifecta! :rofl3:

Greetings William,

You should join a dive club. Some of the stores have good trips (local and remote) but sometimes they just want to sell you stuff. A dive club is a good way to meet people and get some free advice. Which part of Toronto are you from? If you live on the east side you might want to check out SUCI - Scarborough Underwater Club Inc. - Home. They have trips to Kingston, St. Lawrence as well as trips north to Penetang, Parry Sound, Tobermory. Plus they have access to a pool (good to get in a pool a practice or check out your gear after servicing).

Dive season in Ontario is almost over (unless you are drysuit trained) but maybe some dive clubs will let you 'try before you buy'. That is, you might be able to go on a dive trip as a guest and see if you like it.

Feel free to message me directly if you want to talk about diving in the GTA.

Welcome from the "Tri-Cities" (KW/Cambridge) area.

Lots of good dive shops in and around the GTA. One thing that I will recommend VERY strongly is that in the spring (usually February) is the Toronto Outdoor Adventure Show out at the International Centre. It has a very good area devoted to diving, and has booths set up not only from local dive shops, but also many destinations. It is a great place to get information.

Back
Top Bottom