Hurricane Dorian

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our local meteorologist, who is really good, said the "cone of accuracy" at this point is 180 miles wide. Although the models have it aimed squarely at central Florida, he cautioned against making any firm predictions for landfall at this point. Take care Florida folks.

Anyone have any idea what conditions might be like out of Boynton Beach Saturday and Sunday? Was planning a trip for the weekend, but questioning whether I should cancel.

Cancel your dive plans for the coming weekend. To SSC-uba, if you are home in Canada, stay there. I stopped by three gas stations near my home this evening, and they were all out of fuel. I’m a very early riser, so will venture out in search of gasoline when I awake tomorrow.

Some of the local operators have already scrubbed their dives on Sunday. My home marina is closing at 2:00 PM on Saturday.

Many of the local populous will be securing their homes, pulling sails off their boats, helping family, friends, and neighbors get squared away, and are somewhat focused on tasks not directly associated with leisure activities.

Case in point: The Rolling Stones rescheduled their concert in Miami from this coming Saturday to this coming Friday. If The Stones rearrange their lives and agree to perform AHEAD OF TIME, then you know that something substantial is in the works.

Cancel your dive plans for the coming weekend. To SSC-uba, if you are home in Canada, stay there. I stopped by three gas stations near my home this evening, and they were all out of fuel. I’m a very early riser, so will venture out in search of gasoline when I awake tomorrow.

Some of the local operators have already scrubbed their dives on Sunday. My home marina is closing at 2:00 PM on Saturday.

Many of the local populous will be securing their homes, pulling sails off their boats, helping family, friends, and neighbors get squared away, and are somewhat focused on tasks not directly associated with leisure activities.

Case in point: The Rolling Stones rescheduled their concert in Miami from this coming Saturday to this coming Friday. If The Stones rearrange their lives and agree to perform AHEAD OF TIME, then you know that something substantial is in the works.

More like if Keith Richards isn't planning on riding the storm out, you know it's going to be a doozy.

The latest landfall has it coming ashore around Fort Pierce 25 miles from my house and 10 miles from work not worried about home more worried about work. Once the storm takes that westward turn we will be more certain of its landfall point I believe.

On a good note I’m looking forward to some beach dives after the storm in zero to near zero vis for some lobsters. Need some hurricane food!

Gas stations are running out of gas. Bottled water is scarce. Hopefully everyone here prepared early.

Jim Cantore isn't here yet so we've still got time...

Hey, anyone know why my generator would be going through spark plugs after like 12 hours of runtime (and then about 2 years of sitting around in my garage)? Is that normal? In that case I'll just order a case of the plugs I guess.
generac-10000-exl-portable-generator.jpg

Yea I did end up canceling the trip. No issues getting airline change penalties waved (for obvious reasons). Will likely make up the trip in October. Will unfortunately miss the Grouper aggregation, but I can think of worse things...

Stores are selling out of storm supplies up here. I still have to pick up gas and store some water, but I'm pretty much done.

Hey, anyone know why my generator would be going through spark plugs after like 12 hours of runtime (and then about 2 years of sitting around in my garage)? Is that normal? In that case I'll just order a case of the plugs I guess.
How about a picture of a spark plug? There are lots of reasons that plugs fail, but without seeing it I have no idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom