Logbooks between Perdix AI and Mac/iPad/iPhone using Bluetooth ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And yet another + vote for MacDive.

Very happy with MacDive so far. :)

Also, the desktop/OSX version is quite powerful as it's easy to do mass edits or detailed edits or data analysis on it. It's a great companion and supplement to the iOS version. Not necessary, just a luxury.

If you are all in on the Apple ecosystem, Macdive is a no brainer. It is much easier to use than Subsurface.

I also love MacDive, although I unfortunately have no way to take advantage of the desktop version as I'm a PC user.

I actually bought my Perdix AI before my first OW checkout dive, so I have data on every single one of my dives. Being able to track my RMV and other stats for various equipment and tank configurations gives me the warm fuzzies. And the GPS / dive site tracking feature is just plain awesome.

I also love MacDive, although I unfortunately have no way to take advantage of the desktop version as I'm a PC user.

I actually bought my Perdix AI before my first OW checkout dive, so I have data on every single one of my dives. Being able to track my RMV and other stats for various equipment and tank configurations gives me the warm fuzzies. And the GPS / dive site tracking feature is just plain awesome.

I started with an AI computer early on my "dive career". I was on MacDive OSX version the other night and it was really fun to look at a graph of my overall RMV/SAC on a graph as well as my average dive time for the past 3+ years. Dive time has steadily gone up and RMV/SAC has gone down....perfect! :)

Don't have any experience with MacDive, but I've been using Subsurface since I started diving both on my Mac as well as on my IPhone. I've found syncing with my Perdix easy using the app on my phone and if I want to add significant detail to the dive I can do that on my Mac.

I started with an AI computer early on my "dive career". I was on MacDive OSX version the other night and it was really fun to look at a graph of my overall RMV/SAC on a graph as well as my average dive time for the past 3+ years. Dive time has steadily gone up and RMV/SAC has gone down....perfect! :)

I love how quickly and easily (couple of clicks) that I can see fun data-- like: Dives per year, Dives per month, Dives per country, how may dives with which buddies, how many dives at which dive sites. Great software and great customer service!

I'm a newbie at logging stuff, and I am very computer illiterate, especially for being in the younger generation...Dive with the same group over and over so we all know who has been where. Within the past week I've decided I need to start keeping track of things so I've downloaded Divelog, MacDive and Subsurface to play with all 3.
I find the one I keep going back to is MacDive. Alot of help online (google is your friend) and so far I have been able to figure alot of the features out.
Divelog is a close second..still trying to figure out its quirks. Layout is a little friendlier to my eyes and less cluttered...
..and on the first day I managed to mess up subsurface so bad I had to delete and re-install.

Macdive is AWESOME. Also, the developer is extremely responsive to support requests, he has answered me with a functional patch within an hour of emailing. A very nice guy and an excellent product. IMHO, it really isn't missing anything, so unless you have a PC, I would choose it again without any question.

I have my log on my laptop, backed up in the cloud and synced to my phone. It has been VERY helpful to have my log with me all the time on dive trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom