Dive computer integration with android apps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To be honest concerning SAC vs RMV, I don't really see that it matters to me since I am a recreational diver and do not intend nor have any plans to ever get into technical diving, including cave or rebreather. Subsurface shows my SAC rate and whether that is true SAC or if it is RMV, I don't know and really don't care. I use it as an indicator to see how well I am doing on my air consumption over a series of dives. I can go back thru my dives and see that, according to Subsurface, I have dropped from a SAC of around .75-.80 when I first started diving to around .50 with a low of around .44 on a few dives. So I find it more of a useful tool to look at after downloading my dives and nothing more.

Now, I'm sure that for tech, cave, and/or rebreather diving, the difference between the two is paramount to dive planning according to some of the links in this thread I've followed. It makes sense that it would. But for recreational divers, not so much.

I'll leave it to you tech and rebreather divers to fight over the math and science of the numbers and calculations.

Now, if I'm wrong in this, I'm sure some of you experts will gleefully let me know.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom