Best rooms at Casa Mexicana?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Southern facing rooms 518,519 and 520 top floor from front to back. 418, 419 and 420 are below them and are also good in my opinion (better than the 4th floor delux ocean view rooms 401-404). I can't remember which ones had the adjoining option but we've never had a problem with noise from the adjoining option. A few that are often overlooked are 507,506 and 505 in that order. They are the top floor city side rooms that overlook the breakfast area. You'll hear the buffet getting set up in the AM but if you're up early anyway for breakfast who cares? Those rooms offer decent water views views out the side of the Casa to the south and the fact that they are under cover means no rain on the balconies. I will say if you don't like the room you get management is very accommodating in letting you move to another or your preferred room as soon as one or it is available. However, ya have to be willing to pack it all up again to make the move. We only did it once when we were stuck in delux ocean view room 401 that had a balcony that made you feel like you were in a closet... 501 opened up the next day and they moved us to that room (one of the 2 best in the hotel in my opinion being 501 & 504 if you're going to pay for delux ocean view).

What about the top floor facing east? Are any of those rooms worth looking at?

I've never stayed in an east facing city view room as I like to see water so I can't comment. However, some posts on Booking.com a while ago seem to say that rooms 511 & 512 are directly under the hotel's main roof top A/C unit and are very noisy all the time from it so maybe steer clear from top floor rooms 510 - 513? From my experience, here is my city view room pecking order... 518, 520, 519 then 418, 419, 420, then covered overlooking the breakfast area 507, 506 & 505. Again, I like to see some water from my balcony and early breakfast setup noise doesn't bother me. If I couldn't get one of those rooms, then the sister hotels (Suites Bahia or Colonial) become more attractive to me due to the substantial savings but there has never been a trip over the past 17? or 18? years that I didn't stay top floor delux ocean view or one of these city view rooms. Oh, no matter what room you may get barking dogs at night seem to be heard but that isn't a problem for me... when I die I want to go where the dogs go!

Oh, no matter what room you may get barking dogs at night seem to be heard but that isn't a problem for me... when I die I want to go where the dogs go!

I have no problem with barking dogs. Cruise ships with loud speakers, however...

Thanks for the input!

Does anyone know the number of the corner room on the northwest side of the top floor? When you get out the elevator and turn left, it's directly in front of you.

Thanks @deepsea21! There was a lot of noise in that one from breakfast, but maybe that's the case for all of them.

However, for the views 501 and 504 are the hotels best rooms. You do sacrifice balcony privacy though on the 5th floor delux ocean view rooms as the wall separating the balconies of those rooms is only about 3' high.

Yes, all of the delux ocean view rooms are going to have breakfast noise coming through the door as well as any of the city view rooms that overlook the breakfast area.will have breakfast noise coming through the sliding door to their balconies. Noisy rooms will be 101-104, 201-204, 301-304, 401-404, 501-504 (all delux ocean view) and city rooms 105-107, 205-207, 305-307, 405-407 and 505-507.

Southern facing rooms 518,519 and 520 top floor from front to back. 418, 419 and 420 are below them and are also good in my opinion (better than the 4th floor delux ocean view rooms 401-404). I can't remember which ones had the adjoining option but we've never had a problem with noise from the adjoining option. A few that are often overlooked are 507,506 and 505 in that order. They are the top floor city side rooms that overlook the breakfast area. You'll hear the buffet getting set up in the AM but if you're up early anyway for breakfast who cares? Those rooms offer decent water views views out the side of the Casa to the south and the fact that they are under cover means no rain on the balconies. I will say if you don't like the room you get management is very accommodating in letting you move to another or your preferred room as soon as one or it is available. However, ya have to be willing to pack it all up again to make the move. We only did it once when we were stuck in delux ocean view room 401 that had a balcony that made you feel like you were in a closet... 501 opened up the next day and they moved us to that room (one of the 2 best in the hotel in my opinion being 501 & 504 if you're going to pay for delux ocean view).

Thanks for the recommendation of 507. Great room. Nice ocean view, and I didn't notice any more noise than the front ocean view rooms. Two things wrong with it was that the latch on the sliding glass door was bent and useless. Also, the safe was locked open. I tried to tell the man at the front desk, but I think we had a language barrier. All and all, another great stay at CM. You just can't beat it as an overall deal.

Thanks for the recommendation of 507. Great room. Nice ocean view, and I didn't notice any more noise than the front ocean view rooms. Two things wrong with it was that the latch on the sliding glass door was bent and useless. Also, the safe was locked open. I tried to tell the man at the front desk, but I think we had a language barrier. All and all, another great stay at CM. You just can't beat it as an overall deal.

Glad you liked that room. Umm, I'm not sure I've stayed in a room at the CM where the lock on the sliding door to the balcony wasn't screwed up in some way or another or that I had to tinker with to get to lock but it doesn't bother me as Coz isn't known for cat burglars. Those who stay at the CM probably aren't traveling with $1000's worth of jewelry and those in the know are aware that the in-room safes anywhere are NOT a safe place to keep any valuables.

If there are cat burglars on Coz I'm pretty sure they'd target the Coz Palace first... Years ago I was on an Aqua Safari dive boat that stopped by the Palace and picked up divers staying there... The amount of gold they were wearing around their necks, wrists, ankles plus finger, toe and ear rings was unbelievable. I don't know how any needed any lead to get down with all that gold hanging about. To each his/her own.

Back
Top Bottom