Recomendations for pools for practice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bamboo reef in the city has a pool. ask if you can squeeze in. they may just ask you to rent tanks from them for like 20 bucks.

can also try anderson's scuba over in pacifica or scuba fusion in san mateo.

What @runsongas said, Bamboo Reef has a pool. Give them a call and ask them what their pool schedule is and if you can rent if for an evening or weekend morning or whenever works with you.

Edit: What new gear did you get?

Recently was on my back cleaning a hull with a fully optioned DAAM
plenty of purging past the lips going on there
as a matter of fact I never compulsorily take my reg out for anything

@happy-diver nice.

I'm not expecting to need to be purging, I'll also have a conventional single hose octo. But I'm also not a very experienced diver, so I want to make sure I'm completely comfortable.
Plus I'm considering switching to BP/W at the same time, just to maximize change.

@BikerBecca ordered an Argonaut Kraken... so I need to practice basics, like how to purge it.

Let me know what day you'll be at Bamboo Reef. I'd love to see Argonaut Kraken in person. I've been interested in one for awhile now.

I'll try. I have a work trip followed by vacation coming up around the end of October, so I might not get the Kraken until I'm about to disappear for about a month... But the opportunity to order one came up, and I had the funds, so I pulled the trigger.

Let me know what day you'll be at Bamboo Reef. I'd love to see Argonaut Kraken in person. I've been interested in one for awhile now.
I taught a refresher class last winter and one student came with a double house reg. Don't remember the brand but it was a modern one. I spent some time to fix his trim. His upper body was way positive probably because of hoses full of air. Finally put 2 or 4 lbs ankle weights around the tank valve and it helped.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom