Best Breathing technique

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How much use does your BCD get? By this I mean, how often are you inflating deflating, inflating your BCD at depth? This too uses your air supply.

If you are properly weighted, you should be able to dive most of the dive with minimal air inflation.

How much use does your BCD get? By this I mean, how often are you inflating deflating, inflating your BCD at depth? This too uses your air supply.

If you are properly weighted, you should be able to dive most of the dive with minimal air inflation.
i dont use my bcd too much..only adjust my bouyant one time then i move

The best advice I received on breathing was as I was working on lowering my SAC. I was very focused on how I was breathing and I was getting frustrated.

I was told to stop thinking about breathing and just relax. Hands down the best advice I received. When you stop, hover and stare at, say a clownfish in an anemone, you relax and you are only focused on the marine life. Relaxing is they key and you can't do that when you are constantly thinking about how you are breathing.

Dive, dive, dive and enjoy the marine life.

The best advice I received on breathing was as I was working on lowering my SAC. I was very focused on how I was breathing and I was getting frustrated.

I was told to stop thinking about breathing and just relax. Hands down the best advice I received. When you stop, hover and stare at, say a clownfish in an anemone, you relax and you are only focused on the marine life. Relaxing is they key and you can't do that when you are constantly thinking about how you are breathing.

Dive, dive, dive and enjoy the marine life.
Agreed - the times when my air consumption was best was on dives where my attention was elsewhere and I was just enjoying the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom