Need authentic local food in cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Taco is great, our new favorite is Tacos Diaz on 30. Excellent pastor, a cross between Pique and Mr Taco, being the meat is cut larger like Mr. Taco but caramelized nicely like Pique.

You, sir, are a taco connoisseur.

Diaz 100% is my favorite as well

larger portions than most other places

BFMf_Oix4E3G9mNqZRdo3-l0piRt-hPQOwSiK_37_weRAj5KGFAwyv7c6jv0YXnyDfzm7JCJU0okK8suNB8=w616-h821-no.jpg

hNnDkDebQiqk7CIlvtXCvyfMN6Rm2f5YV9loVnuPhGTaBFijJ8fPo031rFK5PdEq5bv7EyFPn_rmBGF632A=w616-h821-no.jpg

Other place put onions and cilantro on before bringing to table.
Probably to coverup small portion size.

j7VMCbFgtsPsqjxVITmLOSoP3LVAcA7nIN8BViY3l86TS03jaZVoFvG7PXDOV7okRvCbdovzmmpXIMAfrr0=w616-h821-no.jpg

Diaz 100% is my favorite as well

larger portions than most other places

. . .

Other place put onions and cilantro on before bringing to table.
Probably to coverup small portion size.

I suppose it’s a matter of personal preference, but I prefer a neat little taco that can be eaten with one hand. I find it more fun to eat a larger number of smaller tacos than the other way around.

I suppose it’s a matter of personal preference, but I prefer a neat little taco that can be eaten with one hand. I find it more fun to eat a larger number of smaller tacos than the other way around.

Plus, who doesn't love onions and cilantro?!

Cilantro is revolting.

About 10% of the population has a genetic mutation (called a single-nucleotide polymorphism) which includes a different sequence of nucleotides in chromosome 11, related to gene OR6A2. This gene is affects the encoding of a receptor that detects the presence of aldehydes. Aldehydes are molecules that consist of a carbon center bonded to a hydrogen atom and double bonded to an oxygen atom. Different aldehydes have different smells, for example the aldehydes in almonds and vanilla. For the unfortunate mutants out there, the genetic aberration they were born with makes the aldehyde in cilantro smell just like the aldehyde in soap. The rest of us get that clean, green, fresh taste that we love so well.

@El Graduado , I have long wondered whether there is a similar genetic explanation for some people's revulsion to durian.

About 10% of the population has a genetic mutation (called a single-nucleotide polymorphism) which includes a different sequence of nucleotides in chromosome 11, related to gene OR6A2. This gene is affects the encoding of a receptor that detects the presence of aldehydes. Aldehydes are molecules that consist of a carbon center bonded to a hydrogen atom and double bonded to an oxygen atom. Different aldehydes have different smells, for example the aldehydes in almonds and vanilla. For the unfortunate mutants out there, the genetic aberration they were born with makes the aldehyde in cilantro smell just like the aldehyde in soap. The rest of us get that clean, green, fresh taste that we love so well.
Yep, I usually trim this down to "It's genetic and it makes cilantro taste like soap" when I'm explaining to people why I don't want a pound of the devil's weed dropped on my tacos al pastor.

@El Graduado , I have long wondered whether there is a similar genetic explanation for some people's revulsion to durian.
Durian just smells terrible, period. I've never met anyone that had some who thought the smell was pleasant.

Tastes good, terrible stench.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom