Trip Report CBBR Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the great review & information. I am going after Christmas and am very excited.

Did you do any of the night dives?

Personally, if I make it back to Cayman Brac, I will do a combination of boat and shore dives. I did not know about the shore diving on Brac before my one visit, but did a fair amount of research during my visit. Many of the deep wall sites are not easily or available from shore and were very good. Many of the shallow sites dived by boat, are available as shore dives. Two morning boats dives followed by afternoon, evening, and night shore dives would work out just fine. I have a lot of experience on Bonaire, this would work out very well for me.
Cayman Brac Beach Resort/Reef Divers Oct 23-30, 2017
Shore diving on Cayman Brac?

The huge advantage of Cayman Brac over Little Cayman is that you can get there on a real airplane from Miami and not have to use a puddle jumper.

The huge advantage of Cayman Brac over Little Cayman is that you can get there on a real airplane from Miami and not have to use a puddle jumper.
If you want to fly on Cayman Airlines from Miami. We did it once on the way to Little Cayman, better than going though Grand Cayman. On the other hand, we're greedy for our AA miles and have a direct flight to Grand Cayman from Philadelphia.

We learned that the hard way on our first trip. I doubt that we would go there again or to LC at all due to the plane issues, if we had to do the puddle jumper thing again. I do wish that they would fix it so the 737 went back directly to Miami and completely bypassed that mess called the Grand Cayman airport.

I don’t know about the others, but we have done a number of night dives. We usually pick some where it is super easy to get in or out for shore dives. Since almost all the dive sites are super easy, courtesy of the Braconians, you have a lot of choices. This includes the afore mentioned scott’s dock for a reef dive and also radar reef. Buccaneer reef is also good for night dives. One time a guy paid for a night boat dive and they ended up anchoring right outside of the house we were staying at. They were so close, we were talking to him from the shore.

Back
Top Bottom