Recommend me a travel BC for advanced diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really? Soft weights fit in the cam band weight pockets. They close with velcro. You mentioned that this was a warm water rig. How much weight do you need to add? 4lbs for Kydex bpw, 2-3 lbs for FP? I'm assuming AL 80's. If you dive steels like for example with Aldora in Cozumel, you shouldn't need any extra weight at all. Oh, I did leave out another option. A stainless bpw like my DSS can also be used to offset buoyancy of AL tanks. This works fine with an 18# or 20# wing and packs in my carry on easily.
In warm water diving with a 3mm I need 18lbs for shark tooth diving to keep me down in shallower water. If not wearing a 3mm then I need about 14lbs negative. Typically I wear a 5lb steal plate and a 6lb weighted sta with 6lbs lead on a belt.

Absolutely love my Zeagle Covert. Light as you can get but tough and durable mine now has 150+ dives on it and no issues. New version is a little heavier but also looks good. One change I made to my original was to add an extra tank band. Highly highly recommend the Covert.

I've taken my Halcyon Eclipse with SS plate all over the world without issue. I"m traveling to dive, so I take the gear I want to dive with.

I dive an ET with zip touch pockets (I picked up the pockets on ebay). Several of the group I sometimes travel with (very experienced warm water, rec divers) dive Scubapro Litehawks. They are nice rigs.

There's Zeagle's Express Tech Deluxe which is more modular than the Covert. Also costs about $200 mire and is over 1lb. heavier b/c it has their Ziptouch system for mounting accessories. I believe it also has steel d-rings and is 1000denier fabric,

It's a soft back plale design. Don't buy their pockets though, they're pricey. Get them from Dive Gear Express.

I don't own one but have looked at one since it will easily fit in a carry-on with room left over.

Reactions: EdC
What about the Aqualung Rogue with integrated weights in the waist band assembly? I bought two of them for my boys. The whole thing can be configured, shoulder, back and waist.

Yeah but the most recent place we dove only had soft weights so no weight belt option. This is why I’m trying to get a BC setup as opposed to a wing harness. I have lots of wings, plates and harnesses so really don’t need anymore of those options.

Why not add dive-rite quick ditchable weight pockets to the waistbelt of a BP/W harness? That covers you for hard or soft weights: Dive Rite Quick Buckle Weight System | Dive Gear Express®

dr-ac32xx_2.jpg

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom