Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How is the diving in galapagos in sept, any good ? Water temp, rough seas ? Is sept one of the best month to do a liveboard to see big stuff ?

Personal experience is that August, September & October would be my prime choice for big animals in Galapagos. Water temps are at their coldest and seas can be agitated - not necessarily though. However it is the time when almost everything is there in highest numbers and for sure it is when one is most likely to have multiple encounters with the world's largest whale sharks. September is the peak time for experienced divers and photographers to go north to Darwin & Wolf.

Problem is that sept is fully booked on all boats, any tips to get a place ?

Personal experience is that August, September & October would be my prime choice for big animals in Galapagos. Water temps are at their coldest and seas can be agitated - not necessarily though. However it is the time when almost everything is there in highest numbers and for sure it is when one is most likely to have multiple encounters with the world's largest whale sharks. September is the peak time for experienced divers and photographers to go north to Darwin & Wolf.

In addition to the whale sharks, I'm really hoping to see a mola mola. The water temps at 15 to 21 degrees C should not be a problem for me anymore as I've been diving in 9 degrees each week in Canadian waters. Galapagos will seem balmy compared to what I get each weekend up here!

We do have space 19-26 Sept. Feel free to contact us directly: Leslie AT calipsodive.com.

The last 2 weeks have been spectacular at Darwin with lots of huge whale sharks, 1-6 per dive. And of course, all the other critters like big schools of hammerheads, numerous Galapagos sharks, mola molas at PVR and there were more marine iguanas feeding than I could count at Cabo Douglas. Bonus to watch a flightless cormorant feeding then streaming past me in the water.

Sorry, but have been busy. Visit us on Facebook to see some images taken last week. @CalipsoGalapagos.
69132082_347375279549537_3663712682374070272_n.jpg

Being late to being aware, doesn't change the difference between right and wrong.

Perhaps we should considet splitting the thread and moving both into Liveaboards ad section?

In addition to the whale sharks, I'm really hoping to see a mola mola. The water temps at 15 to 21 degrees C should not be a problem for me anymore as I've been diving in 9 degrees each week in Canadian waters. Galapagos will seem balmy compared to what I get each weekend up here!

Wow, 9C? Galapagos will seem balmy. Hopefully you'll get to see mola molas at Punta Vicente Roca. Last 2 weeks have sighted them.

How is the first trip, August 8, of Calipso?

Mostly sunny skies, 15 passengers, limited viz, water temps ranging from 14-20 C, 19 whale sharks in 6 dives at Darwin, tons of hammerheads and more marine iguanas feeding than you could count, just like the huge turtles there. Mola molas at Punta Vicente Roca. The photo posted in this thread was taken the week of the first trip.

Back
Top Bottom