Answered: How to quote

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BradMM

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Seems like I've done this successfully before but recently have had problems. If I click on "Quote" only, no response box opens up so I don't know where to type. If I used "Quote in Conversation." the response box opens up but the only two options are Start a New Conversation or something else that doesn't help me. What am I doing wrong? I have resorted to simply hitting Quote in Conversation and copying all of that to a normal response.

I have resorted to simply hitting Quote in Conversation and copying all of that to a normal
If you just want part of a post, highlight it and hit the Reply option in the black box above it which will carry over the poster's info.

Seems like I've done this successfully before but recently have had problems. If I click on "Quote" only, no response box opens up so I don't know where to type. If I used "Quote in Conversation." the response box opens up but the only two options are Start a New Conversation or something else that doesn't help me. What am I doing wrong? I have resorted to simply hitting Quote in Conversation and copying all of that to a normal response.
If you want the whole post just hit Reply at the bottom.

Follow up question. How do you do a multi-part quote? For example, if I wanted to respond to several points in a post without quoting the whole thing, how do I break it up into multiple quotes in a single post?

That's a little more involved.

Do the first one like I explained in my 1st post above. Then copy/paste the next next etc. except you will lose the attribution/link o the OP and may have to manually add the quote tags depending on how you browse SB

examples in the quote section here: BB codes

I believe you can also highlight a section of text and hit Quote. It should say added to Multi=quote each time you do. When you're done hit Reply and they should all be displayed in an edit window so you can add your comments.

At least I think that's how it works. don't use it often.

Ah, ok. Cool, thanks! Seems to work pretty well, just takes some editing to get it to display right.

Back
Top Bottom