Question about AquaLung i3 system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When your BC's partially inflated, all the air rises to the highest point of the bladder forming an air bubble. Every part of the BC bladder below that air bubble is shrinked wrapped against itself.

So when you deflate, any dump valve that's at the lowest point will probably be shrinked wrapped against itself, preventing water from siphoning in.

I have a dimension i3 and never had issues with water. A certain amount of water gets in, sure, but not much.

I like the simplicity of using just a lever but the i3 seems to make the bcd a little heavier than it should be.

I have a dimension i3 and never had issues with water. A certain amount of water gets in, sure, but not much.

I like the simplicity of using just a lever but the i3 seems to make the bcd a little heavier than it should be.
I don't think it is the i3 making it heavier, I think it is only available on BCD models that tend to be a little heavier due to other design elements. I would think the added mechanisms are offset by the switch from a standard inflator to a lighter inflation tube, so probably close to net neutral weight difference.

All air air dump valves on i3, have one way valves that only let air or water out, not in. No magic, very simple one way valves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom