Florida Springs Visibility Conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaveSloth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We are planning to dive Madison Blue, Ginnie, Troy and other spots around High Springs area this weekend. How is visibility??

Compared to the Clackamas River in Oregon, which I just got out of with six to eight feet of visibility, the visibility in those springs is wonderful, 50-100 feet. Unless, that is, people dive and stir things up with their fins. Even then, wait a few minutes, and because of flow, they will clear up. But, be very careful NOT to do cave diving without training.

SeaRat

Peacock was clear last weekend. Huge rains and some flooding since then, so I would wait to hear from others.

From the posts I have seen Madison and Ginnie are good to go but someone said Troy is blown. James Draker posted several pics of Madison and Ginnie is normally one of the last to blow.

Both Madison and Ichetucknee (Jug Hole) were beautiful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom