Aquarena Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone getting in on all the December action Bridget emailed about Tuesday? I'm not so hot about messing with the aquarium, but this mystery "lake dive" intrigues me.

Ha ha, that week with no boats out... I'm SO THERE. You wouldn't believe how many times I make a wrong turn at diversion and end up god knows where. Wonder if they'll let me snorkel-float downstream where the tilapia hang out... I want to photograph those fish so very much.

Oh yeah, there's a HUGE pile of gar underneath that overhanging tree across the lake from the boat barn. There's like a DOZEN of them at least.

I got the same e-mail, and I would like to try the aquarium just to see how it feels. Larry says there's really only room for one at a time in the tank (which is par for the course at most aquariums). I'd also like to do a lake dive, just to cruise around and check things out. Let me know which date you're for sure going to be there and I'll try to meet up with you.

Ken

There is a new website dedicated to the Aquarena Center.... DIVEAQUARENASPRINGS.COM The site will be linked from the Texas State website for the forums and chat room. It is all up and running, so please feel free to use it.

If you want anything added to the site, let me or Bridget know and we will work on it for you.

Dive safe!

Cool website...thanks for the link.

watercop:
There is a new website dedicated to the Aquarena Center.... DIVEAQUARENASPRINGS.COM The site will be linked from the Texas State website for the forums and chat room. It is all up and running, so please feel free to use it.

If you want anything added to the site, let me or Bridget know and we will work on it for you.

Dive safe!

The new website looks good but a bit bare [for the moment] I'll look forward to participating on it!

-=>Larry<=-:
The new website looks good but a bit bare [for the moment] I'll look forward to participating on it!

Yeah it is a bit bare, but you guys are the first people to hear about it... it has been only up and finished for about 2-3 days now. Hopefully as the name gets out there willl be activity on the forum, and more pictures and things...

Keep checking back as I will update it when I get more contect on there.. .

How thick a wetsuit do you need to dive there comfortably?

The springs maintain a temp between 68-72 degrees. I dove in the river in a 3/2ml last spring and was warm but up in the springs where it is deeper I would think a 5ml would feel mo better.

Back
Top Bottom