Best bang for the Buck Drysuit...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaskin membrane drysuits are made to order based on your measurements. As such, they seem to fit quite well (a friend has one, mine is on order. I observed no difficulty of motion in his, he construction (as others have mentioned) seems top notch, and with every option I wanted (reinforced everything, wrist dump in addition to shoulder, extended inflator, dry-gloves, quick seal systems, etc) and tossing in a decent number of spares I spent under $1,400 shipped to the US for it. The only downside is the 8-10 week lead time for these custom made suits means I won't have mine until the end of the summer.

Mine showed up this week, about 3-4 weeks earlier than expected. Everything appears to be made of very high quality materials and put together very well (like the other two from them that divers I know use). I'm looking forward to starting to dive it this weekend.

Fun to see how much the locale matters. Don't get me wrong, it's natural given transport costs and taxes, and good considering the environmental impact of transportation. I just find it curious.

Like, in Europe, the convo would probably be about Santi, Fourth Element, Rofos, ScubaForce and maybe Ursuit and Black Pearl, instead of rubbish :)

Which are you referring to as rubbish, and for what reasons if I may ask?

Honestly some people love or hate the aqualung fusion drysuits but I think they are about as good as it gets for a budget because you do not need to really get them fitted. I’ve dove trilams and currently dive a fusion bullet. My body weight fluctuates and I don’t fit standard sizes well so it works perfect for. I got my like new fusion bullet with easy user replaceable neck and wrist seals for 750$ with a under garment. The person dove it 5 times and decided cold water scuba wasn’t for them

Back
Top Bottom