Mares Genius vs Perdix AI for rec dives (within NDL) only

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might want to actually read the manuals?
As I previously stated, I didn't even know about the "Nitrox Recreational Mode - Perdix" manual until just now.

I've had no problems at all operating my Perdix AI for 2 years in OC Rec only using the "Perdix Operating Instructions Manual".

Anyway, the names of the manuals and the text on the website are less than obvious as to the intent of the manuals.

It would be better to call them "Recreational Mode - Perdix" and "Technical Mode - Perdix" so it is obvious.

I'll have to look at the manual again as I didn't see a 'Rec' mode.
When you go to System Setup the very first screen allows you to set Mode: OC Rec, OC Tec, CC or Gauge. OC Rec was added a couple of years ago to provide a more streamlined interface without a lot of the options needed only by tech divers. I've been very happy with it for recreational dives. The biggest recent change was the addition of custom gradient factors to Rec mode, in addition to the 3 preconfigured sets. (I've been using Medium on mine.)

Thanks guys. I'll have a look at the Rec manual.
I'm a bit of a geek and like to read manuals before I get anything. I like getting a running start, plus I like to make full use as intended by the manufacturers.

This OC manual makes a big difference. Thanks.

Question:
While I see reference to GF99, I don't see anything reffering to SurfGF. Is this not accessable in OC Rec mode?

If they are, is it a matter of switching screens while on the dive to see it?

I very much would want access to both, so this would influence my decision to purchase.

It's 5 right button presses from the home screen on mine, between GF99 and CEIL. You can add it to the bottom row on the home screen if you like too.

It's 5 right button presses from the home screen on mine, between GF99 and CEIL. You can add it to the bottom row on the home screen if you like too.

Ok, just to make sure I understand, SurfGF is accessable in OC Rec mode and it is located in between 99GF and CEIL?
I can have both GF99 and SurfGF displayed in the bottom row during the dive?

They're both available with 5 right button pushes from the Rec home screen. Although you can add SurfGF to the home screen in the Rec customization menu, I don't see GF99 as an option there. You can add both to the home screen in Tec mode though.

Of course read the manual, I did before I bought mine to check out the features etc, but the Perdix is very intuitive anyway. It's an awesome computer for any type of diving, even if it's only for rec atm you'll be future proof if you ever decide to get into tec.

Ok, cool.
As long as it is accessible during the dive even if with a few button pushes, I'll be fine with that.

Having gone through the manual and the info provided here, this will be my choice.
@Shearwater I have to confess, it was your willing participation in another thread that pushed me towards leaning your way. I've seen positive comments about your customer service before, but your interaction in that thread showed (it to me) that you really do take it seriously.

Thanks all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom