Adjusting manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueTrin

Scallops aficionado
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got a twinset, it was mentioned that it will come unpressurised so I can adjust the manifold.
Is there a particular way to adjust it to a sensible position before to try it in water ?

The only adjustment I am aware of with a standard manifold is the pitch of the isolator valve handwheel. Some like it vertical where some like it angled a bit forward. Either way it shouldn't matter as this adjustment can be done easily under pressure. I'm curious to know if there's something else that they could be referring to.

I just got a twinset, it was mentioned that it will come unpressurised so I can adjust the manifold.
Is there a particular way to adjust it to a sensible position before to try it in water ?

Assuming @zider is correct that you're referring to the angle of the isolator handwheel, it can be adjusted even under pressure, assuming the manifold has been carefully aligned--there is just more resistance, and I wouldn't recommend adjusting it too much because it seems like that could stress the o-rings.

I leave my isolator vertical--no tilt at all. Others prefer it angled maybe 15-20 degrees toward the back of their head. I have tried it both ways, and it doesn't seem to make it any easier or harder for me to reach/turn the handwheel.

barrel seal manifolds have adjustable center to center spacing so you can get anywhere from around 8.25 to 8.75 inch spacing. Having the tanks unpressurized makes it easier to adjust when attaching the bands and plate the first time iirc.

barrel seal manifolds have adjustable center to center spacing so you can get anywhere from around 8.25 to 8.75 inch spacing. Having the tanks unpressurized makes it easier to adjust when attaching the bands and plate the first time iirc.

I made the assumption his twinset came fully assembled with bands properly spaced. If so, then the only "adjustment" would be the angle of the isolator.

I made the assumption his twinset came fully assembled with bands properly spaced. If so, then the only "adjustment" would be the angle of the isolator.
Yes you and @zider are right that was the only adjustment.
I angled it a bit downwards not sure it makes a difference

I know most divers angle the crossover knob forward, but I also prefer mine vertical. It makes zero difference, but I imagine that it’s less likely to hit me in the back of the head.

I know most divers angle the crossover knob forward, but I also prefer mine vertical. It makes zero difference, but I imagine that it’s less likely to hit me in the back of the head.
Actually I made it vertical right after I posted. I remember that the twinset I had during my Fundies class was vertical and it was nice to be able to move my head without touching it.

Yes you and @zider are right that was the only adjustment.
I angled it a bit downwards not sure it makes a difference

IMO, It's really a personal preference. I like it slightly tilted but it might be because that's how my first set of doubles was aligned. Good luck with your new twin set!

IMO, It's really a personal preference. I like it slightly tilted but it might be because that's how my first set of doubles was aligned. Good luck with your new twin set!
Thanks, I am so excited.
Unfortunately my double wing got delayed so I won’t be able to try it this weekend for the bank holiday.

Back
Top Bottom