Need recommendations for short gloves to use with dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jake

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently bought a used DUI dry suit that fits well, except the arms are maybe a little long. With the suit I use my wet G1 gloves from Waterproof. Those have a longish and slightly bulky wrist "skirt." The result of these two together is that the skirt of the glove gets pushed open by the hard wrist ring on the suit, which in turn leaves my wrists mostly exposed.

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a shorter glove that might play nicer with the dry suit sleeves.

I've used DUI's dry gloves in the past and like how warm they are, but hate that I can't take the gloves off before and between dives. So, I don't really want to go that direction again.

As always, thanks in advance.

Can u use marigold gloves with them.? Do u have a photo. Then just wear a liner under them. There cheap and just go over any hard round cuff.

Try the Fourth Element wet gloves.

Can u use marigold gloves with them.? Do u have a photo. Then just wear a liner under them. There cheap and just go over any hard round cuff.

I don't have a photo, but let me see if I can explain better. Basically the "barrel" of the sleeve sticks out further than much of the wrist seal does, so the result is that a lot of my wrist is covered by the sleeve rather than just the seal. Because the sleeve is relatively narrow I can't really get gloves inside it all that well.

I'm guessing the thinness of the marigold would help since they'll have an easier time getting under the cuff, but I think I'd still have the issue of cold wrists since liners are only for the hands.

Back
Top Bottom