• No

Votes: 69 39.0%
  • Yes, a watch

Votes: 23 13.0%
  • Yes, second dive computer

Votes: 85 48.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just be aware that battery consumption on a Perdix AI will be a little higher when monitoring two transmitters compared to one and I believe if a transmitter is out of range it may be a little higher again (although I can’t seem to find where I read that).

Back to the original topic.. I don't when single tank rec diving. My brain is my backup computer and my buddy is my depth gauge. Maybe if I could find a cheap and basic ZHL16C computer i'd add it as secondary, but it's not a priority atm.

Basic computer is dirt cheap ie well under US$200.00.
Has been diving with two computers for many yrs.
If you on a LoB and your only computer fails and none is available for rental or whatnot. What would you do? Stay above your buddy/dive guide on all subsequent dives!

BTW, I also packed a third computer just in case.

If you on a LoB and your only computer fails and none is available for rental or whatnot. What would you do?

Wouldn't you use PADI's wheel of fortune???

Stay above your buddy/dive guide on all subsequent dives!
This is a terribly wrong advice!!!

No. Like Blue trim said. Just head to shallower water en rt to exit or get to boat vicinity & Dive shallow. I have SPG. No SPG then have to end Dive with a bit more alacrity but probably still do safety stop.

Seems an SPG would be more important redundancy.

Wouldn't you use PADI's wheel of fortune???

This is a terribly wrong advice!!!
What made you think that it was an advice? You missed the exclamation mark! Go to see an optician and has your eyes sight fixed!
Of course I can use the Wheel to plan my next and subsequent dive. Can't you?

I think the terribly wrong advice was stay above your buddy/dive guide. I may be wrong. Lighten up, folks. This is just a forum. Go ahead and flame me. I don't care and won't react.

Cheers -

I think the terribly wrong advice was stay above your buddy/dive guide. I may be wrong. Lighten up, folks. This is just a forum. Go ahead and flame me. I don't care and won't react.

Cheers -

I agree with you, as does @Centrals. We are all in agreement.

It was a rhetorical statement/question when he said to stay above your buddy/guide. It is clearly not a good or acceptable solution and a terrible idea, hence him (@Centrals) diving with 2 computers and why he suggests diving with at least 2. In fact, he also dives with a third.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom