My new toy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AfterDark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Got this today looking forward to getting it back in the water where it belongs. Also a history lesson from VDH thank you Luis.

$_57.jpg

Attachments

• Royal Aqua Master Family.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 279
Any planned upgrades?

HPR?
Cyclone or Phoenix?
I assume it has a long yoke so a banjo might be useful...
The Hookah Port adapters are becoming difficult to find....
DBE?
DSV?

Any planned upgrades?

HPR?
Cyclone or Phoenix?
I assume it has a long yoke so a banjo might be useful...
The Hookah Port adapters are becoming difficult to find....
DBE?
DSV?

All that is as yet to be determined. I'm leaning toward a Phoenix a HPR and a silicone diaphragm. But that has to wait until it arrives and I disassemble and inspect it. There may be other things it needs/I want, like a 3000psi yoke.

I'm not concerned with LPs or HPs at least now but, I like options. Right now I'm diving my JET AIR Sea Hunt style no SPG no BCD. Just a bacpac, harness w/ crotch strap, J valve, I expect to do the same with my new toy.

Wish I was using mine... just had to cancel our vacation in Tobermory next week....

I would rebuild it and add a HPR, silicone diaphragm and a duckbill eliminator then dive it. You can always add more later and you will want those additions with a Phoenix anyway. The old yoke is OK at 3K, many of us have used them as well as the military.

So it's update time. I received the regulator, disassembled and inspected everything I intended to reuse. I got a Cyclone 1st stage and a HPR 2nd stage, a duckbill eliminator, and a new silicone main diaphragm. I didn't know the main spring was sold separately so I reused the old one.

I have hit a snag, I have no way to set the IP. Nothing I have fits the hookah port, VDH is out of stock and Herman doesn't have anything.
Does anyone have anything I can use to assemble a test setup they'd like to sell? Or any ideas how I can get this done?

IIRC, there might be a gas fitting....

IIRC, there might be a gas fitting....

HVAC store? Worth a trip, good thinking!

Herman you shouldn't be ashamed. Bryan however has out of stock on that item and several other items! I am however standing by!

I put the reg together hand tighten the body ring and set the IP by guess, hope, set the 2nd stage got it all together and mounted it on a 72. WOW! They all breath good on the surface put I noticed a big difference from the single stage. It's not ready for the water yet but I am very optimistic!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom