• No

Votes: 69 39.0%
  • Yes, a watch

Votes: 23 13.0%
  • Yes, second dive computer

Votes: 85 48.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey dada - can one transmitter transmit to 2 separate computers? o_O It may make the case for an air integrated Oceanic backup for me... :wink: or another Perdix...lol
Definitely. My transmitter talks to both my Perdix and my Atom. I often dive with 2 tanks (twins or a pony) and have two transmitters sending to both computers.

Hey dada - can one transmitter transmit to 2 separate computers? o_O It may make the case for an air integrated Oceanic backup for me... :wink:
Yes. I had an Aeris A300 CS for a while with a Perdix AI. Transmitters just transmit. DCs receive the signal.

Perdix and Teric and the same for my dive team soul mate.

Hey dada - can one transmitter transmit to 2 separate computers? o_O It may make the case for an air integrated Oceanic backup for me... :wink: or another Perdix...lol
The transmitter simply broadcasts. The computer decides which transmitters it listens to. Think of it like a radio broadcast and a radio receiver.

The transmitter simply broadcasts. The computer decides which transmitters it listens to. Think of it like a radio broadcast and a radio receiver.
Yes. I had an Aeris A300 CS for a while with a Perdix AI. Transmitters just transmit. DCs receive the signal.

Theoretically, if Mr. OOO and I both have Perdixes (Perdi? :D we have his/hers now) I could have my own transmitter as T1 showing on my Perdix as well as my air integrated backup (Oceanic? Shearwater?) and I can put his as T2 and when I get close enough to him, I can see T2, while he can have that same transmitter I have for T2 as his T1...............

The light bulb and the gears are turning now :)

Theoretically, if Mr. OOO and I both have Perdixes (Perdi? :D we have his/hers now) I could have my own transmitter as T1 showing on my Perdix as well as my air integrated backup (Oceanic? Shearwater?) and I can put his as T2 and when I get close enough to him, I can see T2, while he can have that same transmitter I have for T2 as his T1...............

The light bulb and the gears are turning now :)
Yes that is what we do in single tank. Now that we do a lot of sidemount we are only monitoring our own tanks on our SWs.

Now that we do a lot of sidemount we are only monitoring our own tanks on our SWs.

I got rid of the Aeris and now have a Perdix AI and a regular Perdix. At some point I'm going to upgrade the Perdix to an AI or Teric. Then I'll have two DCs monitoring 2 transmitters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom