Wet Suit for short people

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Klieb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been looking to buy a 3mm wetsuit but my issue is I am 5'8" at 200 looking to drop a little more weight but have never been below 185 in my adult life. Most of the sizing charts for my height are for someone that weights like 145 and the ones for my weight are all 6' tall or more. So it seems my choices are way too tight or look like an 8 y/o wearing his daddy's clothes. Can you get a wetsuit altered say shorten the arms and legs or am I more looking into a custom ($$$$$) suit?

Some Henderson suits are available in talls and shorts as stock items. Click the size chart on this page.
Thermoprene Pro Men's Back Zip Jumpsuit • Henderson Aquatics
Sounds like you are either a LS or an XLS.
They will also trim wrist and ankle cuffs on most of their suits for an added charge. Work through your LDS.

Thanks looks like exactly like what I need

+1 on Henderson.

I am 5'7" and 182 and the LS fits me perfectly. My 3 and my 7 are Henderson LS.

My 5 is a Bare and I was able to get it in a size like LS. Not sure what it was called. It also fits good.

It is not just the shorter suit that is nice but the arms are shorter also.

You should be able to use almost any brand. Being short for your weight just means that the sleeves and legs might be a litttle long. Just select a suit size which matches your weight rather than height.

The opposite situation is more of a problem- tall and skinny ends up with a leaky suit and too short arms and legs and maybe even too much tension on the crotch.

If you are diving a 3. Mm suit, the water should be reasonabley warm and perfect fit is not so important as comfort.

CkaZV.jpg

Check out Bare wetsuits. I have three of them, and their XL Short should fit you very well. I am your height and weight, and just bought a Bare 3mm Reactive wetsuit, which is a perfect fit. Also, the Reactive is pretty stretchy so it is forgiving if your measurements are a little outside of their size specs. IMO, Bare makes a great wetsuit.

Another option is Akona. They have wetsuits for short people.

Back
Top Bottom