Sherwood Vision: Air Pressure Failure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divinh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I bought a brand new Sherwood Vision. I've been diving with it daily for the last eight days with 20 dives. As I was doing my gas check for the 21st dive, the air pressure reading read 10 bar. Perhaps the tank didn't get a refill, so I switched over to another tank. Similar low pressure reading, less than 10 bar. A spare reg setup was attached to the tank and it read 200 bar. I ended up using the spare reg setup.

Back at the dive shop, we hooked it up to a full tank and again, low pressure reading, less than 10 bar. It's a quick disconnect, so we disconnected to see if there could be any obvious issues. The only noticeable thing is that the disconnect had a few drops of water on the sides of the twist lock. After checking the hose connection and retrying, same low pressure reading.

So, what could have happened?

The Vision has been attached to the reg set since the first dive, rinsed with the reg set as normal, never disconnected.

Obviously at this point, if it all of the sudden works, I can't trust it. I will have to wait for warranty once the trip is done and use a shop SPG.

After 24+ hours, the Vision started up and ran through its diagnostics and didn't report anything. Hooked up to a full tank, it still only read 10 bar instead of 200. Whatever the failure is, it's consistent.

Today, after two weeks, it did register the tank pressure, but the display climbed to the pressure slowly...

I'm sure when I send it in for warranty, Sherwood will just fix it and not say what the exact cause is.

I'm back from my trip...

I contacted Sherwood via their Customer Support form and got a response in 5 minutes! They said I should return it "to the place of original purchase and they can help me". Lucky for me, it was LeisurePro, so I rang them up. They said they could take care of it and sent me instructions. The repair/replace time frame is to be 5-7 weeks.

Hello friend, how did it go from there?

I sent it in and am still waiting for it back. I'm a vacation diver, so I'm in no rush.

After about 11 weeks, I contacted LeisurePro about the status and within two days, they shipped me a new one, which arrived today. Kudos to LeisurePro for their excellent customer support. The only odd thing is that the serial number is lower than my previous one, but I suppose stock doesn't necessarily sell in serial number order. I guess I'll never know exactly what the issue was with the other one.

Could have been the water hitting the transducer.

Could have been the water hitting the transducer.

Could you further explain? I'd like to understand what could have happened and avoid doing something that would cause it from happening again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom