Shore diving the Big Island's Heeia Bay/Keauhou Bay (Sheraton) area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cpace

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are staying at a VRBO on Heeia Bay (the small bay next to Keauhou Bay) in September. Looking at google earth as well as a navigation chart, Heeia Bay appears shallow for a few hundred yards but may be doable with a long surface swim. Has anybody dove this area from shore?

Navigation chart link:

i-Boating : Free Marine Navigation Charts & Fishing Maps

I don't see He'eia Bay mentioned on the Shore Diving site:
Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: The Big Island, Hawaiian Islands

There's plenty of diving not far from where you'll be though. I dived Place of Refuge which is great for a long, relaxing dive. Captain Cook usually has dolphins in the AM.

Sorry for not answering your specific question, just trying to help. If transportation is an issue there's always Uber and Lyft.

I'm thinking that it would be a rough entry and exit. Looks like it would be a long way to walk/carry gear.

We would only attempt He'eia Bay in calm seas.

Our VRBO is a private home right on He'eia Bay.

We would only attempt He'eia Bay in calm seas.

Our VRBO is a private home right on He'eia Bay.
Definitely give it a shot and let us know how it went...You're not gonna be far from most of the dive ops for rental gear. I think Jack's would be the closest to your rental.

Definitely give it a shot and let us know how it went...You're not gonna be far from most of the dive ops for rental gear. I think Jack's would be the closest to your rental.

I'll report back on whether we were able to dive He'eia Bay. Plan on renting from tanks/weights from Jack's and maybe the Manta dive.

Back
Top Bottom