Close call in the dressing room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Took me a minute to realize that jug is not intended for use on humans. If it were, they'd charge at least 10x the cost.
And kudos for the Slim Pickens / Kubrick reference.

I would use it topically and not bat an eyelash. It’s still sterile.

Took me a minute to realize that jug is not intended for use on humans. If it were, they'd charge at least 10x the cost.
And kudos for the Slim Pickens / Kubrick reference.

It’s KY for cows. Why do you think it can’t be used for humans? Same ingredients...

It’s KY for cows. Why do you think it can’t be used for humans? Same ingredients...
I wasn't clear in my post. Of course it's the same stuff as used for humans. My point was if they SAID it's for humans they'd definitely charge more. Just like the antibiotics and pain killers we had to give our dogs... same meds as for people, but at 1/10th the price.

I wasn't clear in my post. Of course it's the same stuff as used for humans. My point was if they SAID it's for humans they'd definitely charge more. Just like the antibiotics and pain killers we had to give our dogs... same meds as for people, but at 1/10th the price.

Correction: 1/200 of the price. Or maybe even less.

But...I can’t imagine any potential casanova pulling that jug from under the bed in preparation for the big moment.

Correction: 1/200 of the price. Or maybe even less.

But...I can’t imagine any potential casanova pulling that jug from under the bed in preparation for the big moment.
I am imagining them pulling it out and the look on the face of the other party!:outtahere:

I love this thread and it's so good to see I'm not the only one with wetsuit problems. When we go on dives it always seems (to me at least) that I'm the only one who can't manage their wetsuit.

Nearly every time I deal with a wetsuit leads to hilarity, embarrassment, or awkwardness.

For my certification dives - the LDS didn't have anything that really fit me and I ended up in a 7mm farmer john with a 7mm topper. The dives were in cold water, so 14mm on the core was recommended along with hoods etc. I couldn't stand the hood so skipped it and wished I had skipped the farmer john as well. As I said, it didn't really fit me and after the first day of diving I had bruises on my collarbone from where the straps were pressing against my bones. I really wanted to just dump the farmer john and dive in only the topper the second day but was worried the cold would exhaust me too quickly. To this day, I wish I had just gone with the topper.

After that I ended up with a Scubapro 7mm, which fits pretty well aside from being a bit too long in the arms and legs. Oh and it chokes me. Stretching it doesn't do any good but if I keep my head at just the right angle I can breathe well enough. Unfortunately, it makes wearing a hood nearly impossible as tucking in the skirt just increases the choking - I've tried not tucking the skirt, which is a bit better, but the hood chokes me too so I tend to skip it when possible. I do have a vest with hood but haven't worn it on a dive yet.
The wetsuit I have has other hilarious issues - the wrists and ankles both zip and I constantly forget to unzip them before undressing. Additionally, I frequently forget to remove my dive computer from my wrist, and once forgotten to take my boots off before peeling the wetsuit down over them (this resulted in a sigh of shame). The most frequent problem has been getting the wetsuit off my feet (zipped or unzipped). My dive buddy has had to pull it off me before many times, with all the hilarity of flailing limbs and desperately hoping I don't fall off whatever I'm sitting on. Once I tried removing the wetsuit in the shower, which resulted in me sitting on the floor while other divers came and rinsed and left, with both feet completely trapped in the neoprene tangle. I've finally gotten better (not good, but at least functional) about getting in and out of the thing and haven't hit myself in the face in at least 6-8 months or so.

My latest is a 1mm open cell suit and other than jokes about lube it hasn't caused me any horribly awkward moments yet. I say yet because I do require a tiny bit of assistance getting out of it, simply because it is so delicate. It's really nice for warm water and it does layer well under my 7mm without adding to the choking issue, so it provides quite a bit of bonus warmth if nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom