Teric Screen Protector S@cks......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to add... I think OPs pictures unfairly paint an unrealistic picture of the terics quality. That teric was not damaged by banging into a couple of d rings while suiting up. something else happened.

Thanks for your answer. It's a relief to see I'm not the only diver bumping into equipment, D-rings and tanks pre-during-post dive with my Teric. Would you please share how to remove the existing glass protector? There's going to be quite a few bits and pieces to scrape, and I'm aware that tiny shards of glass can scratch sapphire.

I cracked the screen protector when my dive light accidentally smashed into it. Yeah, it sucks having to replace a screen protector. But it did its job - it protected the Teric's crystal. I replaced it with another glass one and we'll see how that holds up. If that one cracks too, I'll try one of the flexible plastic ones.

I just pried mine off with my fingernail. It took a bit of coaxing, but it wasn't that difficult to get it off. The glass seems to be laminated, so it pried off in one piece despite being cracked all the way across.

You can make your own “plastic” protector using vinyl sheet from a fabric store, cut to size and put it on with hot water and let it dry, sticks well and will absorb a lot of minor impact, once scratched easy and cheap to replace.

Another stupendous Shearwater Customer Service Thread

got new PET screen protector from Shearwater yesterday and installed. Link to another thread where I show what came with the kit and install, all very easy. Thanks again to Shearwater for sending me the replacement for the glass screen protector, truly an amazing company with stupendous customer service.

My PET protectors are on their way,courtesy of Shearwater's China Importer, The Surface Interval.

I dropped a mail to Shearwater Asia to follow-up on this issue, who copied in their quick answer their Chinese partner.

The owner of The Surface Interval, Yu Yong, was in Germany at the time but shot a mail to their staff to sort things out.

I had already had very positive interactions with Shearwater but this beats them all. Customer for life here.

By the way I was diving with a highly skilled buddy yesterday, the owner of the Dive Shop where I do most of my Tec stuff in the Philippines and his Teric screen protector was also cracked.

This gentleman if anything is beyond suspicion of being inexperienced or clumsy (Course Director and Staff Instructor for a number of diving organizations). It's not only the less experienced people (I'm a prime example here) who crack their screens.

Kudos to Shearwater and their China partners anyway.

Back
Top Bottom