Gekko cable and software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

otf649

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Suunto Gekko. I'm looking for a usb download cable. I also am looking for the software such as the DM5 but for a Chromebook. Is there software or is it just for windows and mac? Thank you in advance.

I do not believe DM5 has a version fir Chromebook but other logbook apps, such as Subsurface and Dive Log have android apps that should work. Besides, don't even try using DM5 as it is a worthless piece of software. I don't think it will download from a Gekko (I never could get it too, anyway) but I do know that Subsurface will. It's what I've been using for a while now. I no longer use the Gekko as it crapped out a few years ago but my wife and I still use Suuntos.

As for the cable, a new factory cable costs around $80.00 or so. Maybe someone here on SB will have one they will sell you or check out ebay, amazon, or some other online sellers for a used one.

i used to download my Gekko years ago with a cable from customidea.com(Custom Idea Ltd) and a program called Gekko2vyper.exe to hack Suunto DM, so it could recognized the Gekko as a Vyper .Ihad no problem downloading my dives from the Gekko to Suunto Dive Manager 2

My wife has a Vyper and we've been dealing with DM for years. Suunto pretty much threw in the towel on that one. They effectively haven't supported it for over 2 years....and it was not so hot to start. Agree with @GreggS, go with Subsurface or Dive Log.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom