Nitrox and Fatigue: the Evidence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You started it.
Did I really? I thought I posted a summary of DAN's article. We don't need any more reports of personal experiences.

We are discussing how people feel that's exactly an objective subject.

It (ahem) seems that the definition of "evidence" seems vague to some here. @tursiops, would you care to post a disambiguating definition of same?
The evidence given in the DAN article is the three references cited.

This is what tends to happen in a discussion forum. We discuss our experiences related to various topics.
I was trying to be as neutral as possible, and not jump to a conclusion based on one study....especially since I don't know how their "fatigue" correlates with my fatigue. I'll just keep on using Nitrox and feeling better, and hope the research catches up someday.
It isn't very realistic to post a study about a topic that people have strongly held opinions about and one that relates to how a diving practice affects the way they feel and then expect them to limit their discussion about it on a discussion forum.

We are discussing how people feel that's exactly an objective subject.

I thought we were discussing the state of scientific evidence supporting, or not, the claim that using nitrox reduces fatigue. Anecdotal reports do not meet that standard for any number of reasons. Whether it does or doesn't help with fatigue, any "evidence" beginning with "for me" or "in my experience" is no evidence at all.

….."state of scientific evidence supporting, or not, the claim that using nitrox reduces fatigue". = how people feel. How is that scientifically quantified?
I find it hard to be curious about the subject.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom