Diving accident in Palm Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The captain of the charter boat backed over her and she went through the propeller!

So what will the charges be:
Battery with a deadly weapon resulting in severe bodily harm > 5+ years in the pen?

Michael

Just noticed that this thread is almost 2 years old. So tell us, when is the captain going to be getting out of the pen, or if he avoided doing serious time, who was his lawyer?

Im sure it was not intentional so Agg Batt is most likely off the table. I think maybe it falls under Culpable Negligence which is a Misdemeanor so no jail time if he has an otherwise clean record. My money says he will either have his credentials revoked or suspended. Revoked and he will need to look for a new line of work. Suspended and he will prob be made to retrain but then who would hire him in the future? Not to mention what insurance company would write him a policy after this. After all, if you get into an auto accident they don't pull your drivers license. I can't wrap my head around putting a boat in gear when there is someone in the water. If the diver was tired and needed to swim to the boat from a little further away than normal, that is what a throw buoy is for along with a competent crew member to tell the captain there is someone in the water. This incident also goes back to who ever was responsible for a head count or roll call on the boat to tell the captain "all clear" ...

Sorry to hear that this was the means of the injury. Can you tell us how you know? I ask because this is a publicly accessible forum and a specific business was named.

Richard.

Agreed. I would like to know also especially since the user just joined yesterday to answer an almost 2 year old post.

Agreed. I would like to know also especially since the user just joined yesterday to answer an almost 2 year old post.

And has only posted on this topic and nowhere else. Curiouser and curiouser ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom