Flying with 2 people's gear....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And the odds of losing all gear go down. Either way, 2x a minuscule number is still a minuscule number.

I don’t know how minuscule. We have never lost a bag, but we have had bags delayed several times. It’s nice that at least one of us has their own familiar gear for that day or two.

We often split the gear between the suitcases on the way there, but put it all in one on the way back due to being wet.
We use hard-shell cases in order to protecte the gear. Everything except 'puter, can light head, and regs goes in the suitcase. Those three go in a reg-bag that goes into a backpack, leaving enough space for kindle / ipad, jacket etc for the flight.

I use this for travel and all my dives. Doesn’t fit weight or tank but can get twowetsuits tools fins masks regs reels everything you need for a dive. And will go on a plane with a lock. Can’t crush it and it stays air tight till you get home.

Attachments

• DBEF1185-D1E8-4265-A4C5-36CE59F0DCE6.png
    DBEF1185-D1E8-4265-A4C5-36CE59F0DCE6.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 59
We just got standard hard shell luggage. Polycarbonate, one as large as allowed, the next size down for clothes and two carry on's. BC's, fins and wetsuits in the large, clothes in the medium. Masks, regs and computers in the carry on. We also pack a couple changes of clothes in the carry on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom