Getting STINAPA tags has changed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you pay in advance through the Stinapa website or did you pay at the shop?

In case it hasn't been mentioned yet, if you pay online no plastic tag, if you pay at the shop you get plastic tag. No plastic tags in 2020, another reason to go to Bonaire this year.

Did you do an orientation or checkout dive with the shop? I assume one is on their own these days not that the dive shops managed these orientation dives anyways. They were more interested in you showing up for their presentation so that they could pitch their services.

I had to do a buoyancy check...is that what you mean? I didn’t get pitched for anything to be honest...they actually talked me out of doing a boat dive with them on my first morning incase there were any issues with the side mount tanks any my rigging etc. Said they would happily sign me up, but I might want to hold off until I know I’m comfortable with the setup.

I thought it was solid advice.

Pleasure, and as an FYI i was informed on booking that they have sidemount rigging kits and i wouldn't need to bring my own...i did anyway...because...y'know it's the kind of thing that ruins a vacation...and as i suspected they actually didn't have sidemount rigs.

i'm sure i could have found some somewhere, but best to bring your own IMO. The whole island only has 4/5 sets of sidemount tanks apparently...they are trying to get more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom