Dive computers for small wrists

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a 5.5" wrist. I used a Scubapro Aladin 2G on a bungee mount for 8 years (until it broke because someone dropped my bag from the overhead bin on a flight, and that was the casualty). Replaced it with another Scubapro Aladin - and they now come with holes for bungee straps so there's no need to get a separate mount! It sits nicely on my forearm and doesn't budge!

I had a Cobra and it died - while under warranty, so they replaced it - and it died again. My husband's died once and has managed to stay alive now, but he doesn't use it much after losing faith that it will be reliable. My backup wrist computer was a Gekko and it died (again, husband's still works). Maybe my DNA breaks Suunto?

I've decided to go with the Geo 4.0 in white. Got a good deal at my LDS and the way it works is similar to what I already have in my Oceanic mask - hopefully it won't feel too much like having to learn a new computer.

Nah, don't think you have evil DNA - I've heard Suunto's from the Cobra generation have issues. Mine's OK, but I wasn't aware of the issues when I brought it, so think I dodged a bullet there! If I was buying now, I'd definitely make sure to get a rock solid warranty - a shame as they are great little computers.

Hey all, has anyone ever bought from Scubastore.com The dive store is DiveInn. The prices are really inexpensive but can not get anyone from customer service to answer questions.

Hey all, has anyone ever bought from Scubastore.com The dive store is DiveInn. The prices are really inexpensive but can not get anyone from customer service to answer questions.
That should tell you all you need to know. DiveGearExpress or LeisurePro have very good reputations around here.

+1 for the Shearwater Teric. Love it!

Bought a number of items from them with any problems.

Lots of interesting comments - and helpful about what to buy. I liked the idea about using the canvas strap and I know they come with stainless steel buckles. And so quick to pick it out of the soak tank. A couple of years ago mine was one of four identical old Suuntos. That was fun. Fortunately I had done different dives to the others and got mine back. Dive shop put a yellow cable tie on it which has helped. But they do that to help anyone who has concerns about duplicated dive computers. Yes, two old Suuntos with yellow cable ties. Job for this afternoon - put coloured thread on it. Thanks for the reminder.

I, too, have very small wrists. I have the Oceanic Geo 2.0 and it fits great. Used to have the Suunto Mosquito which also fit great but found the Suunto too conservative.

Wearing your computer on your wrist is a good way for it to come off. I found it much more secure with it halfway up my forearm.

That reply should go into the Grumpy Old Divers Section. Marie, yes I see your point, but my arms just aren't long enough any more!

Back
Top Bottom