Andrea Doria expeditions, July 2019, off of the "Ol Salty II"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wcs563

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Compilation of two trips to the Andrea Doria in July 2019. First trip was John Chatterton's charter, second was an open boat. On both trips we enjoyed near perfect weather. Plenty of wildlife abounded with finback whales, sunfish, blue sharks, great white shark, and the mates and guests caught hundreds of pounds of cod which we enjoyed for several meals. We tied into the stern, and lots of china and other artifacts were recovered, such as kitchen door, acorn lamp, and endless other pieces. The weather was calm enough that I took the Nauticam housed Nikon D 850 rig down three times. Most of the china was recovered in the debris field, as you can see in this video. Wreck is still possible to penetrate for sure, there is a lot of history here and the 700' long wreck is massive. I would certainly go back time and time again. Next year, Capt. Nick Caruso already has one trip sold out, and will schedule at least one more excursion. I hope you enjoy the video, and as always, dive safe.

Unbelievable, easier to go to the moon, less gear! Well done!!

Great Video, and incredible surface conditions for those dives! I imagine entry and exit would look a little different under more typical Atlantic conditions!

Great video Dan. Guess I gotta fill those tanks again...

Great Video! Great Divers! Great Wreck AND conditions!
Nice!
So why if I may ask did you not penetrate?
Just curious..
Thanks for sharing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom