Wanted DSS LCD 30 WING.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would wager you are looking for something 2nd hand, and I assume you know that DSS is out of business. That said there is no support for DSS wings/products and their wings are not user serviceable as in the eventuality of the bladder needing repair or replacement the wing must be destructively cut open, complicating the repair. Further, the DSS bladders are urethane film material which is more prone to pinch damage than the coated nylon many of the other brands are using.

If you are looking for a specific design feature such as centrally mounted corrugated hose then I highly recommend taking a look at Vintage Double Hose and their single tank wing.

Good luck in your search.

-Z

Thanks for the info on a good alternative. I'll check into the Vintage Double Hose Wing. Given this new info I will discontinue my search for the LCD 30. Thanks again.

I would wager you are looking for something 2nd hand, and I assume you know that DSS is out of business. That said there is no support for DSS wings/products and their wings are not user serviceable as in the eventuality of the bladder needing repair or replacement the wing must be destructively cut open, complicating the repair. Further, the DSS bladders are urethane film material which is more prone to pinch damage than the coated nylon many of the other brands are using.

If you are looking for a specific design feature such as centrally mounted corrugated hose then I highly recommend taking a look at Vintage Double Hose and their single tank wing.

-Z

Zef, the DSS LCD Wings have a zipper. They do not need „destructively (sic)“ cut open to remove the bladder. You obviously have never seen one.

-Z

Well, you have some things right and some things wrong....

Yes, DSS is no longer manufacturing.

Now, lets get your facts correct - the LCD line has a zipper.

Next, VDH wings have an offset elbow, not centrally mounted....

I stand corrected...it is the DSS torus wings that are not user serviceable.

and dang... thought the VDH wings had the hose centrally mounted, but just went and looked to confirm they don't...now its going to eat at me until I find which brad I recently looked at that does have a centrally mounted hose.

Thanks for pointing out my errors.

Cheers,
-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom