Vintage Ice Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scared Silly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
IMG_2366.JPG
Not so much on the equipment side of things but I thought folks would enjoy these photos.

Long story ... I have been going through my parents old photos and came across these. In talking to my father he can not recall the specifics other than they were taken at a lake in somewhere around Susanville, which is in northern California in early 1960. But note the beaver tail suit, single tank, and of course a double hose regulator. Enjoy.

Lake winnipesaukee_1972_2.jpg

NH 1972

ice dive 78 A.jpg

RI 1978 I'm on the right. We had more guts than brains in those days.

@Scared Silly: Thanks for that retro blast! OMG, not tethered and under a solid ice cover that can't be broken from below.

@rhwestfall: That had to have been last year. Now I can see why it was so dark down there, heavy snow cover. A good light is an easy fix for that.

We, 'Team Two' (2017), had wind-swept glare ice on top. Kinda sorry I missed the snow cover...

Incredible photos. Thanks for posting them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom