Hello from Arizona!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gnarcosis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I haven't been on forums in ages, but noticed that every scuba related Google search led me to this board, so figured I better sign up.

I've got 6 dives under my belt, and am less than 3 weeks away from going on a Blackbeard's trip. I'm obviously super excited about it.

Looking forward to reading and learning more from the board!

Blackbeards will be a lot different than Lake Pleasant. Don't get spoiled with the warm water. Keep diving locally. It makes those trips even better.

Blackbeards will be a lot different than Lake Pleasant. Don't get spoiled with the warm water. Keep diving locally. It makes those trips even better.
I did my checkout dives in lake Pleasant this last December. If I’m not mistaken it was the coldest day in recent history. Water was 52, ambient was in the 40’s. It honestly was not fun. But, that’s not a very typical day as we know.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! Dive in, the water's fine

I did my checkout dives in lake Pleasant this last December. If I’m not mistaken it was the coldest day in recent history. Water was 52, ambient was in the 40’s. It honestly was not fun. But, that’s not a very typical day as we know.
I'm heading to Lake Pleasant tomorrow, taking my drysuit. Yes, I saw 109° today.
Blackbeards was a shorty, and that was optional.

I'm heading to Lake Pleasant tomorrow, taking my drysuit. Yes, I saw 109° today.
Blackbeards was a shorty, and that was optional.
Do you not start to overheat in that dry suit? I’ve never used one, but I’d imagine I would be sweating my butt off.

Have you considered scuba in Puerto Penasco? Would it be anywhere near a day or 2 trip for you. Haven't done it but hear it's not bad. There is a charter boat I think.

Space on a live aboard is at a premium. Especially when everyone is gearing up. Plan and pack intelligently,

One of the biggest mistakes I see new divers make is that their gear spreads out into way too big a footprint.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom