Coco Plum Island Resort - luggage question and more

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ohana

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning! Husband and I are headed to Belize in December. We will be at Coco Plum Island Resort. We have read that there are pretty significant baggage restrictions on the flight getting there. 1) how do you divers travel 'light?' 2) has anyone ever been to this resort and have commentary?

Thank you!

I recently returned from Caye Caulker. One in my party had a travel BC that she wore on the plane with the rest of her gear in pouches and pockets. She rented fins.

Umm. It’s a dive resort. I expect that they are used to dealing with divers. If your dive gear doesn’t make your plane, it will make the following one.

Umm. It’s a dive resort. I expect that they are used to dealing with divers. If your dive gear doesn’t make your plane, it will make the following one.
True, but I travel with a worry wort who is afraid that we'll never see our gear again if it doesn't make that exact flight :p I keep telling him the same thing...that everyone else manages JUST fine :D

When I went last week, I flew business class from Miami, as it allows me 2 70 lb bags and a comfy seat for less than paying the baggage overage and the long legged seat upgrade. We took a ferry to Caye Caulker instead of flying. Not that I don’t trust tropic air, I do. I’ve flown with them a number of times and they have never missed a lick.

Back
Top Bottom