Nitrox and Fatigue: the Evidence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

breathing EAN40 at 0 msw should be avoided unless prescribed by your doctor
News to me.

Why? So far, I've experienced no ill effects whatsoever from breathing EAN32 at 2.5 msw (pPO2 of .4 bar, so physically very similar to breathing EAN40 on the surface), but I may of course have overlooked those effects.

All that I know is that diving used to invigorate me.

I always wanted to go for a couple of beers then get cleaned up for dinner
and then go dancing.

Nowadays diving on Nitrox, I may still enjoy a post dive day beer or two, but getting cleaned up for dinner and dancing have made way for a nap.

I feel the same way. I used to make deep air dives using double 120s and felt great after surfacing from a dive where I witnessed things most divers will never see. The last few years have involved mostly making two nitrox dives with single 130s and I'm pretty tired after I get home.

I'm kidding, of course. I feel no different because there is no magic elixir in adding another 11% O2.

I feel the same way. I used to make deep air dives using double 120s and felt great after surfacing from a dive where I witnessed things most divers will never see. The last few years have involved mostly making two nitrox dives with single 130s and I'm pretty tired after I get home.

I'm kidding, of course. I feel no different because there is no magic elixir in adding another 11% O2.

I may have stumbled upon the answer.

Test subjects aren't quite the right age for the studies.

Nah, they just don't make air these days the way they used to. What with deforestation and ozone layer and whatnot.

there is no magic elixir in adding another 11% O2.
There may, however, be a positive effect of removing some 11% nitrogen...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom