Dive Calculation Spreadsheet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This minor revision fixes the bad %AoM when the TC gas is Both and Main1 or Main2 gas had no helium or nitrogen. Changed Ceil to display in tenths when Metric units are selected. Fixed going on dDeco2 when the previous segment was not a constant depth. Eliminated an extra segment when the depth equals the SS/Deco ascent depth. Fixed switching to the main2 gas even when the depth was not deeper than the Main1 gasses MOD. Created ALLOW_REVERSE_GF in program constants to switch between GFLo and GFHi (ex. GF: 80/50).

dive_062819_v26_1.xls

This is another revision that fixes applying units multiplier twice for TC1 when metric units were selected. This resulted in too much deco. Interestingly, this error had little effect for deeper dives so it went unnoticed by me. Fixed the both gas CTC highlight color when Main2 gas had N2 and He with O2 equal to 0.

dive_062919_v26_2.xls

Many thanks to CandiveOz for his suggestions. This version adds a choice to display tissue pressures as a % of ambient or m-value pressure. Corrected some bad values for the Buhlmann A, B, and C table a coefficients for nitrogen and helium. Added the capability to use Buhlmann slopes with the DSAT table. Changed the segment designations from Con to Level and ConDs to Dstop. Added 0 to RQ as a means to disable the substraction of water vapor pressure from the tissue compartment calculations. Added automatic unit conversion for depths, descent and ascent rates, ss/deco ascent rate, altitude, SAC rate, stop interval, last stop depth, and switch depth. Changed the DSAT slope. Added a choice to display the gas density in the ICD column.

dive_070919_v27_0.xls

I hate to release a revision so soon after releasing a previous version but I uncovered an inconsistency in the way the automatic conversion of spreadsheet data works when the units are changed and a calculation is done. The problem I believe has to do with the conversion in connection with the formatting of data in the spreadsheet cells. Until I can come up with a solution you will need to convert and update the spreadsheet manually.

dive_071019_v27_1.xls

And the beat goes on ..........

Here's a major version release v28.0. Fixed incorrect descent to switch depth when first depth was less than the switch depth. Added the ability to use the GFHi% in the %AoM calculations. Changed the highlight color for CTC's and added a color for pure oxygen. Changed the %AoM to select either GFHi% or 100% of the surface m-value. Added a HT multiplier for the Dsat table. Added a button to change the half-time display between nitrogen and helium. This is useful when both inert gases are displayed. In place of automatic unit conversion I added a depth conversion table selectable from the Units drop down box. Added more colors.

Automatic unit conversion is still disabled in this version. Converting from metric to imperial works but switching
from imperial to metric produces inconsistent results. For example, using profile 4 with imperial units selected
produces 27.5 minutes of deco. When switching to metric the deco totals 17 minutes. However, manually entering the
data with automatic switching turned off produces the same deco (within a minute). If you want to play with it press
Alt-F8, select Sheet2 (DIVE) and Edit. If you find a solution let me know and I will incorporate the solution into
the next version. In the mean time I will continue to work on it.

dive_071919_v28_0.xls

Because I used my spreadsheet and posted an image of it on another thread I thought there might be more interest in it and I wanted the latest version to be available. Here is version 28.1.

In this version I fixed the bad data validation for the SS/Deco depth entries. You can now enter 0 which removes the SS/Deco ascent rate from the calculation. The N2 half-time multiplier wasn't being displayed when both gases were selected: fixed. Added GasSw as a new segment descriptor. Fixed a divide by zero error in the CNS calculation when the %O2 was set to 50 for a surface interval. Eliminated the choice to use %GFHi as the maximum surfacing m-value in the %AoM column and the TC %AoM display. Looking at the numbers for the %GFHi choice was confusing so I got rid of it. Nothing has been lost as I added a color to mark those TC's that are above %GFHi but below the (100%) surfacing m-value.

dive_072519_v28_1.xls

I'm still working out some issues but I couldn't resist posting this major version since it contains so many fixes. This is version 29.0.

Fixed bad data entries for the %AoM display using the Dsat table. Initialize data arrays only once at first calculation. This should speed things up. Fixed an overflow problem with the CNS calculation and added overflow and divide by zero protection in this routine. Added a new routine to calculate misc data (ppO2, gas usage, and END). Added formulas to calculate helium percentage when O2 and N2 are entered for the main1 and main2 gases. Eliminated units change when Units is changed from Table to Imperial or Metric. Added corrections to "a" and "Mo" coefficients for water type. Fixed a problem switching to the Main1 gas after being on Main2. Changed the descent and ascent inspired inert gas pressure calculations. Fixed the automatic units conversion so it is enabled by default in this version. Changed the deco ceiling calculation formula. Added a ceiling adjustment factor to the program parameters section. Fixed bad reverse GF profiles. Added a selection to include the descent time with the level time (same as MultiDeco). Made some cosmetic changes to the ss.

dive_081619_v29_0.xls

Thanks for the new sheet.

It's a lot of fun to play with.

I've got another major release coming for the ss. (Another major release......geesh, does this guy have a life!?). In that version you'll be able to choose the deco table (Buhlmann, DSAT, or custom) for each profile. Custom will let you enter your own decompression parameters (Mo, HT, and slopes). So, look for that here in this thread.

If you have parameters for another deco table let me know and I may incorporate them into the ss. They will be made available to the public via SB. Also, does anyone care about Buhlmann ZH-L12, DCAP, or Workman? I'm asking because I have the parameters for those tables.

Reactions: Jay
I'm really proud of this major release. A major issue was fixed and I made some enhancements. In this version I removed the sheets: GF, OXT, CALC, PLAN, and RB. The .xls file size had grown to over 1 Mb and I thought that most people are not using those sheets. Those sheets are now in a separate spreadsheet file called dive_tools_081719_v1_0.xls. When I fix the issues in the dive tools spreadsheet I'll release it in this thread. All the functionality for those sheets in the last version is available in the new file. I added a new sheet called SETTINGS where you can change the parameters of the profiles without editing the VB code.

This version fixes a long standing issue for shaped GF's (gradient factors). Previous versions showed too much deco time. Flat GF's were not effected. I added the Buhlmann ZH-L12, Dcap, and a custom table. The custom table contains the Workman (1965) values. The custom tables can be modified for whatever decompression tables you want to use. You need the surfacing m-values, half-times, and slopes for the tissue compartments. See the DIVE_HELP sheet for information on how to do this. I fixed the ss to show a second descent (when gas switching) to the level time if Include Desc T is selected Yes. Added a choice to show ascent and deco stop time or just the deco stop time on the ss. Added a ceiling adjustment factor for metric units in addition to the ceiling adjustment factor for imperial units.

dive_091719_v30_0.xls

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom